afr wont change/emulator/datalogging connection problems

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

KIT
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by KIT »

I know that, but why the change on the fuel maps do not work ???

LR Performance
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by LR Performance »

Maybe you are not on realtime upgrade mode!!!! or you tune not good fuel map :lol:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Albi, Tarn, France Image

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

if emulator connect and upload/realtime works it should. Maybe you changing at the wrong place(no trace) It did work when not connected to the ecu right?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

KIT

Post by KIT »

This is what I´m doing: I open the base map, the one that Calvin send me, the car starts with a lot of smoke and idles wierd., then on the primary map, I decrease de values on the firs cell and columns and the car keeps idling wierd, I try killing the injectors and it works, teh car dies, start again, idling wierd, I ran the car, on low load still reach, I decrease the values on more cells till about 4000 rpms end col # 5, and the car stil rich. The Ecu is not on limp mode. I´ll try with the stock p06 ecu to see if everything works better, if not, probably I´m having a fuel issue, it is wierd , cause it was working good with the stock ecu was working good. BTW, no matter what base map I use, I was using a stock d15b7 base map , and same problem. Then it is not the map. Also I try with another chipped ECu, and same problem.

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

ok next time you try to adjust fuel, select the whole primary map, then right click, go to adjust selection, then go to the percentage and put in -30 and then apply, I bet you see a change in fuel then. You need to get a data logging cable to see where your engine is running. I guarentee you are changing in the wrong section

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

what you mean you tried with an other chipped ecu. Does realtime update work? Do you see update(xxx) and counting to 0
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

KIT

Post by KIT »

Calvin , I have 2 ECU´s P06 converted to VTEC. I can hook the Ostritch on both. One ECU is for my DD a del sol with d16y7, the other one is for my turbo setup , 95 EG hatch looking for low 12´s Then I want to learn to tune first on the NA setup. I´ll check everything again tomorrow guys. Also I´ll connect the dataloggin cable , but I have to solder the 4 pin´s on CN2 first. Sorry for too much questions, but this is my first time trying to tune a car. First time using the Ostritch, Hulog, tuning software, please be pacients with me.

calvin

Post by calvin »

listen what hardware you have? J12->Datalogging Socket->Emulator Do emulation work answer the above question. do u see the bytes updating?

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Hey dude, Call me, My number is under the authorized tuners. Some times it can be hard to communicate what you need to do over the internet. This thread is almost 5 pages and we still dont know if you have got the ostrich hooked up correctly. I will be in and out of class today so if I dont answer then leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as possible. I can also give you a couple of pointers to help get you started so you dont blow your car up.

KIT

Post by KIT »

calvin wrote:listen what hardware you have? J12->Datalogging Socket->Emulator Do emulation work answer the above question. do u see the bytes updating?
Yes Calvin, bytes update and clock work. It seems that is hooked up right. MAybe I´m have and issue with my timing, I´ll check later.

KIT

Post by KIT »

Adam Hopkins wrote:Hey dude, Call me, My number is under the authorized tuners. Some times it can be hard to communicate what you need to do over the internet. This thread is almost 5 pages and we still dont know if you have got the ostrich hooked up correctly. I will be in and out of class today so if I dont answer then leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as possible. I can also give you a couple of pointers to help get you started so you dont blow your car up.
Thanks Bro, I´ll call you in the afternoon.

calvin

Post by calvin »

are you now behind your laptop and have ostrich with you? I can connect to your laptop now

KIT

Post by KIT »

calvin wrote:are you now behind your laptop and have ostrich with you? I can connect to your laptop now
Give me 3 minutes, and I´ll hook the lap top again, do you need the car on?? or just the key on??

KIT

Post by KIT »

KIT wrote:
calvin wrote:are you now behind your laptop and have ostrich with you? I can connect to your laptop now
Give me 3 minutes, and I´ll hook the lap top again, do you need the car on?? or just the key on??
I'm ready Cal

calvin

Post by calvin »

send me an email so i can send u something calvin @ ectune.com
Last edited by calvin on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.