afr wont change/emulator/datalogging connection problems

eCtune Bugs and Fixed Bugs

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bindegal »

KIT: Something is clearly wrong with the setup. It is highly unlikely that this should turn out to be a software issue. First thing first. 1) Does the check-engine lamp blink normally when you turn the key to ignition? Or does it blink one or two more times? (This could tell us if it´s actually the eCtune code driving the car) 2) Is J1 connected? If not, you´re running off the internal ROM, and EPROM/Ostrich has no effect. 3) Has J12 been cut? If not, eCtune cannot log full duplex and it would cause problems connecting to the ECU. 4) Check and double check solderings and chipping job in general. Some people forget to apply both resistors and capacitors for example. Or simply bad connections, remaining traces of soldering on the PCB, whatever. I have seen very weird symptoms on bad chipping jobs, and it can occur from one moment to the next. 5) Verify that you are using current versions of USB comms drivers. Using old drivers can cause weird intermittant problems. I don´t think this is the case in your particular situation, but check it anyway.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

even that the ostrich just connected to the ecu should also work. Go to ostrich info and post what you see there...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

KIT

Post by KIT »

I´m ckecking the Ecu and J12 is connected, Do I have to cut it ???

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

that is one thing. Now your datalogging will work. Now to the ostrich make a screenshot of the ostrich in screen
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

KIT

Post by KIT »

ostritch screen shot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

calvin

Post by calvin »

emulator should update try to connect ostrich to laptop and not ecu. Try to upload a basemap+calibration(full)

KIT

Post by KIT »

calvin wrote:emulator should update try to connect ostrich to laptop and not ecu. Try to upload a basemap+calibration(full)
Ok, I´ll let you know

KIT

Post by KIT »

I cut J12, but still can´t connect with the ECU..... damn !!!

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I would not even worry about data logging until you verify that the ostrich and your computer are communicating. 1.When you plug the usb cable from your ostrich do you hear a noise or dose something on the screen verify that a device had been plugged in? 2.If you cant tell go to device manager and while the device manager is up and the active screen plug the ostrich in to your computer. Does something pop up on the comm ports now? If you have confirmed that the computer is seeing the ostrich, then open ectune, click emulator, then try to connect and what does it do?

calvin

Post by calvin »

and upload a map with emulator not connected to ecu

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

calvin wrote:and upload a map with emulator not connected to ecu
yes.

KIT

Post by KIT »

I already check everything again and: Ostrich is working good, I connect the ostrich to my laptop and it makes a sound. I load a calibration with the ecu disconnected, Also I can Kill the injectors, move the iacv cicle, etc. Just cant move afr and timing. And on datalog I can´t connect to the ecu. Also with the engine off, and switch on, I don´t have communication with the ecu.

nate

Post by nate »

That is the problem... your datalogger is not working. You will be able to ajust the timing sync when the datalogger is working correctly.
eCtune Team

KIT

Post by KIT »

When I use the timing sync it works.

nate

Post by nate »

My mistake, I just remembered timing sync works regardless if it is connected or not -- I was thinking of the Injector Calibration tool. The problem is still the datalogger cable. What happens when you select test from the Settings --> Datalogging Comm tab?
eCtune Team