random misfires/rev limiters

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by 98vtec »

HP Pavilion DV5000 defragged less than a month ago. my laptop settings havent changed since i started tuning with it. I've used s300, Neptune, Crome Pro and now eCtune pro and eCtune is the only one that has frozen up on me like this. i did another datalog on the way home from class. It showed real time information for about 30 secs, then it stopped, yet still recorded 11 minutes of data. I stopped to get gas and turned the ignition off (timeout), then turned the ignition back on and the logger cam alive again, however, the tables were not being followed (4 cell) and the map trace showed where it had been after enabling the trace but it was not active in real time. While it was not being active, the live plot was active and working as was the sensor data. beyond the datalogging problem, i cannot get it to do the random limiter with the laptop connected to log it. Once the laptop is connected, the engine runs smoother and i dont have any problems whatsoever with anything besides the logging. there is nothing wrong with my car.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

attached is my defrag results
Attachments
defrag.txt
defrag information for laptop
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

If it's winblows, I would format that sucker. I have a feeling that's your only hope.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

greasemonkee wrote:If it's winblows, I would format that sucker. I have a feeling that's your only hope.
for the datalogging error?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

My HD had just had a fresh install of windows, I still got issues.

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

what are your settings? Baud rate..Latency..sampling rate..ISR settings have you tried FTDIClean then reloading the most up to date software? Try disabling wireless internet connections Also are you using non-resistor plugs?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

blake and si tmre morning i'm sending u a version with some new stuff. also disable the overflow thing for test purpose... i have data log here runnning for like 5 hrs w/o a problem
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

thanks for the help calvin, greatly appreciated.

JD racing

Re: random misfires/rev limiters

Post by JD racing »

98vtec wrote:i dont have the slightest clue as to why this is happening, but it is getting more frequent. It can happen at every throttle angle other than idle. I hit a rev limiter every now and then during acceleration and WOT. Today it happened at 2k, 3k and 4k RPM then on the way home it did its limiter at 5000 rpm at WOT. i cant have this happening with 12.2:1 compression on pump gas.... i dont have any lean protections, overheat protections, etc engaged, however, i do have the 2 step always on and set by speed under 5mph. I also have a datalogging issue. It freezes after a few minutes of use and i have to disconnect and reconnect to get it to work. Then sometimes it will click my main relay on and off for a consecutive number and throw a check engine light on and off. These problems/concerns are just not what i was looking forward to.....
this past weeks i had a problem whit my car and couldnt figure out the problem first it started missing under acceleration then i changed the distrubitor then had like a type of revelimiter at different rpm and the tack and datalogin would freeze up for a few second i run aem in my car but had that since 2000 but i also tried the ectune and same thing would happen and also my engin light would flash so to me it look like a electrical so i change the distrubutor whit 3 different ones still had the problem also chnge all the wiring in my integra inside the car and engin bay and the problem was my 1200 rc injetors were bad so at 12 pm saturday night we drove 30 mille to my buddy house and robs 4 1000 cc injector of his supra and i tune the car sunday morning and went racing after 10.92 at 141mph on whit drag slick whit a full body street integra nottting cut out 600 whp and 410 wtq i tried a stock set of injector and went for a drive then i new it was the injector that were bad
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Trois-Ruisseaux, NB, Canada 506-577-6708 shop 506-381-3503 cell

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Maddog20 wrote:what are your settings? Baud rate..Latency..sampling rate..ISR settings have you tried FTDIClean then reloading the most up to date software? Try disabling wireless internet connections Also are you using non-resistor plugs?
Baud Rate 38400 Latency Timer 6 Sampling Rate 5 Fresh install of windows, all framework updates installed and FTDI Drivers updated to latest from FTDI website. Also running non-resistor plugs was never the problem before.

ef92b

Post by ef92b »

hmmmm... quite an annoying problem you got there really. what about your datalogging connector(CN2). cold soldering issue? am also using CROME Dealer at the same time and i really have no datalogging issues. i'm using two sets of Ostrich and Hulog btw. Ostrich V1(19200 baud rate) for CROME and V2 for eCtune so I don't have to reset the Ostrich whenever i switch programs. the last time i tuned using eCtune was like 5 days ago, continuous dataloging for 5+ hours with no hickups whatsoever, COM3=Ostrich, COM4=Hulog, COM5=Innovate LM1 using 3 out of the laptop's 4 built-in USB ports. 2 days prior to that, i was tuning a turbo setup using CROME and everything's well too. same laptop, Dell Latitude i6400. also i switch in between ECU's(P08 and P30) for testing purposes, same car, and all is well. i hope you resolve your issue soon.
newb a.k.a clyde(pgmfi.org)

james25

Post by james25 »

ef92b, whats your com settings for your hulog?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

use latency 2-5 and 100ms timeout that's all
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ef92b

Post by ef92b »

james25 wrote:ef92b, whats your com settings for your hulog?
can't remember exactly. will have to check that when i get home as i'm still at work. i followed everything from the troubleshooting guide made by calvin. i never had issues since then.
newb a.k.a clyde(pgmfi.org)

calvin

Post by calvin »

98blake,james25, Almighty-Si you have test version r16 in your mail... please read the email and update.readme.txt Please mail the test results and don't post them here