car not running

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ultra spikey
http://phpbb3styles.net

car not running

Post by ultra spikey »

Well, I purchased Ectune about 2 weeks ago. Registration process was a pain and confusing. I thought I was supposed to get an email about what I was supposed to do after I paid, but I didn't, so now i'm stuck. So I registered ectune, but did not know I was supposed to register my Ostrich seperately. This is what happened...I created a basemap to run, tried to upload it through Ectune but it wouldnt let me because I needed to register my Ostrich(hopefully this doesnt take as long as registering Ectune did). Anyway, now I have a solid CEL. So THEN, I tried to upload my old Crome bin back to the Ostrich, and NOW I CAN'T. From what I was told by Calvin on Honda-tech, I SHOULD be able to use my Ostrich for either Crome or Ectune correct? So now my car is down, and hopefully not for long. One other issue I am having is Ectune will not connect to my hulog. FYI, my HULOG/Ostrich was working previously. Do I need to upload my ectune calibration before ectune can connect to the Hulog? Thanks for reading/helping...

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

ok. If you have not licensed your ostrich, then it takes literally 1 minute to get the new license. go into ectune, and emulator info, and request registration... this reg file is all automated... meaning fast fast fast. Once you have the ostrich licensed, you can upload whatever you want to it thru eCtune.... and easily switch the ostrich to use another vendor's upload. If you want to switch to another vendor... that is easy too: in the ostrich info screen, you can change the vendor from eCtune to other and easily upload to the ostrich via CROME or whatever.... but you need to \"un vendorize\" your ostrich to use another vendor's application. This step is necessary to protect Calvin's code and make sure honest people stay honest. If you have already licensed your ostrich, it will not need to be done again.... just re-vendorize to eCtune and your good to use eCtune once again.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

registration was not long you never received my mails. remember?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

calvin wrote:registration was not long you never received my mails. remember?
I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't receive your emails or because you were busy. Sorry to sound like a dick, I was getting a little frustrated trying to get ectune up and running, but now I got it. Thanks for your help and software!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i don't know how easier i can make it for users... 4 steps 1) Buy and download ectune, Install ectune and ostrich firmware(if needed) 2) Register eCtune, eCtune validates license 3) install license and request ostrich license(send automaticly) 4) Install license and you are ready to go
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.