how to set decel fuel cut?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bindegal »

Can´t say I´m having any problems with it at all. I just set fuel cut below X mbar a little higher until popping stops. (I´m assuming we all mean \"popping\" and not \"pooping\" here, that second word has an entirely different meaning :D ) Even with popping though, I don´t see how the engine should take any damage? /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I've never had any issues with fuelcut.. You guys must be doing somthing wrong.. I never have to adjust the columbs 1 & 2 either, Or the tipout. All you need to do is set TPS threashold to 0% then drive up to like 5K and let off the gas and see what your max decel mbar is... Then set your decel fuelcut a little above that value so if your decel mbar is 198, set fuel cut to like 210-220 or untill you get a solid decel. I always do it like this and never have any issues.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Make sure your TPS threashold is at 0% and your TPS is calibrated properly.

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

You may be forgetting about the land in which we tune on. In Texas it is a little flatter than it is here in Tennessee. Different grades make the mbar necessary for fuel cut change. JD and I personally played with this in the hills of NC and could not get it exactly where we wanted it. We finally got it to act correctly about 90% of the time and left it at that. Do you think that is what is giving us inconsistent results. Im just thinking out loud.
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I can see where that may be an issue.. Do you have a baro sensor?? This may be a good reason for calvin to write some code for baro compensations.. That would probably solve your issue. Mabey a multiplier that globally offsets all values based on mbar depending on the baro readings .. The WRXs have tons of baro based comp tables for stuff.. Just an idea.. Actually the tables should already be there from honda. Mabey its just matter of finding them and making sure they apply correctly with all the none honda code that calvin has written.

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

My idea is fuel cut at 0% throttle and above \"X\" RPM. Maybe leave the tps and rpm adjustable. Thoughts, Suggestions?
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yeah, that may be the simplest way to do it.. Then you don't have to mess with baro stuff.

racepak

Post by racepak »

Adam Hopkins wrote:My idea is fuel cut at 0% throttle and above "X" RPM. Maybe leave the tps and rpm adjustable. Thoughts, Suggestions?
yeah. thats exactly how real ems systems like haltech work. it may also be a good feature for the ITB guys.

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

This is what I asked for 5 months ago. Why only now are people disgruntled over the current config?

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Other things take priority, Calvin is only one man and he only has 24 hours in a day like the rest of us.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I have actually talked with calvin about fuel cut a few times before because the mbar value was not affecting anything, he already fixed that several rom versions ago, but I guess theres more to it than what we talked about..

racepak

Post by racepak »

Adam Hopkins wrote:Other things take priority, Calvin is only one man and he only has 24 hours in a day like the rest of us.
whats more importent then normal driving?

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

You mean whats more important than a little extra fuel during deceleration? I don't know, A stable code base, correct tip in, steady injector latency tables, gpos functioning correctly when BIG shots of nitrous are being used, ITB tools, Accurate dataloggs, Correct injector multipliers, Final timing actually being what the timing values shoud be....... just to name a few.

elevation

Post by elevation »

I always add a column between the first and second (Just the way I do it) Also the if the A/F is 14 to 16 in the place your jumping in and out of fuel cut the feeling is less dramatic than say if it were 12 or 11.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

racepak

Post by racepak »

Adam Hopkins wrote:You mean whats more important than a little extra fuel during deceleration? I don't know, A stable code base, correct tip in, steady injector latency tables, gpos functioning correctly when BIG shots of nitrous are being used, ITB tools, Accurate dataloggs, Correct injector multipliers, Final timing actually being what the timing values shoud be....... just to name a few.
most of the stuff you mentiond suppouse to be there, i.e stable code inj tables and correct ignition ect.(not saying that it isnt,) but this option is importent as others, i can post a video showing you guys how crappy it is to drive like this,