IAT sensor in engine bay

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by ge0ne »

i agree, but i can have an itb car run only on tps. What about only on map? I really love this conversation.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Does nyone have any experience with fuel temps and injector temps contributing to this problem?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

i agree, but i can have an itb car run only on tps. What about only on map? I really love this conversation.
I was talking about stock setups. When you have ITB's that run full or partly TPS, things are different and in that case the TPS sensor is just s important as the map sensor. fuel and injector temperature will vary the af also but we dont measure it so we cant correct to it. My experience is that if you got the iat sensor in the right place, you have solved 90% of the leaning out problems. An other very important thing fot leaning out at idle is sayd earlier and that is your battery comp table. You should check that one also when you have idle problems. I had to tune that table also. The injector setting was the right one, but the fuel pressure was dropping more that normal because my pump suffered by low voltage at idle. I could correct the lower fuel pressure by changing the values in the battery table.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Ok, i am having trouble holding a steady idle and idle afr. i noticed, when the car gets hot, it hovers to different vaccum and rpms When this happens, i realise the 'ign timing, and ign table' do not match IT is supposed to be 16.5* but sometimes it goes to 13* ! I will post my map and cal hope to get some help
Attachments
take out fuel vtec.cal
MAP
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Ok, i am having trouble holding a steady idle and idle afr. i noticed, when the car gets hot, it hovers to different vaccum and rpms When this happens, i realise the 'ign timing, and ign table' do not match IT is supposed to be 16.5* but sometimes it goes to 13* ! I will post my map and cal hope to get some help
Attachments
take out fuel vtec.cal
MAP
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
rough idle!_05102009_1927.elf
LOg
(719.31 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Its hovering between column 2 and 4. It seems that the fuel amount in that columns is wrong. Because of that the AF changes very aggressive and the idle also changes. Try to change the fuel values so that the AF dont change that much. Now you have something like 190fv in column 2 and 290fv at column 4. So when it 190 seems to be too low and 290 seems to be too high. Try to flatten that idle part of the map a bit.

B20VTEK

Post by B20VTEK »

thanks, but about the timing..... why would it be off?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Look at the idle settings. If the idle is different compared to the target idle, it changes the ign to get the idle lower or higher. So as long as the idle is not perfect, it will change the ign.