Need some help setting injector calibration.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Pandor
http://phpbb3styles.net

Need some help setting injector calibration.

Post by Pandor »

hi, I've just started exploring ectune and since I can't find a definitive guid on how to initially setup the injectors, can anyone confirm if this is the correct way to do it: after creating the basemap, i load the injector calibration menu, fill in the fields, and adjust the 'injector offset' until I get a decent A/F reading (@ idle/warm). Then in the parameters menu, adjust the battery offset, to get a steady A/F under different voltage conditions. (leaving the 14,16v field, as that was the starting point to wich i initially calibrated the injectos to, right?). Much appriciated.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

thats pretty much it

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Yes, and you can test this table by disconnecting the alternator and see what the af does when the voltage drops.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Pandor

Post by Pandor »

Thanks for the replies. Still confused though :oops: The injector offset adjustment (in the calibration menu) adjusts the injector offset in 'FV'. But what is the difference in adjusting the battery offset in 'ms' for the 14,16v row. Isn't the endresult the same?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

not exactly.. The injector offset works always, and the battery offset only works at a certain voltage point. See it as a dead time compensation for bigger (slower) injectors.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands