Engine BOGS/FLATSPOT in VTEC

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

b20beast
http://phpbb3styles.net

Engine BOGS/FLATSPOT in VTEC

Post by b20beast »

I Was tuning my Low Cam, Part Throttle. So i decided to Enable the LEAN Protection Feature, and Re Enable VTEC at 3000 RPM, so i could Tune the Vtec Map. When the motor accelerates to 3000rpm it would not rev past that rpm. Moved the VTEC point at 4000rpm. Also have the same issue. Also disabled the LEAN Protection, and I have the same issue. Is there anything i should i check? ALSO to be noted I had another TUNED Map, Switched over to it, and Everything seems fine. Boost Fine, Vtec is fine.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

it should be something in the mapping or some parameters could be wrong like lean protection...the wiring etc...
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

utkuselamoglu wrote:it should be something in the mapping or some parameters could be wrong like lean protection...the wiring etc...
I unchecked the LEAN protection, but somehow, even tho unchecked, i think it is still in place.... wiring is good, because it works with another map.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

if it seems aunchecked you can try changing the offset of the wideband sensr under settings... For example write down 2 or more value if you are not having a target AFR maps also.. than it won't be able to get lean value from the sensor...
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

utkuselamoglu wrote:if it seems aunchecked you can try changing the offset of the wideband sensr under settings... For example write down 2 or more value if you are not having a target AFR maps also.. than it won't be able to get lean value from the sensor...
ah i get ya, one more problem.... In the 'cells' there are like 2 colums and about 4 rows, they dont datalog they have "-" in them do you understand what i am trying to say.......? UPDATE "The Cells were LOCKED"

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

which cells on the map? there should be more than 2 columns and 4 rows:) I don't understand very well!
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

utkuselamoglu wrote:which cells on the map? there should be more than 2 columns and 4 rows:) I don't understand very well!
No i had 'locked' cells by mistake i think.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

b20beast wrote: No i had 'locked' cells by mistake i think.
Could you please send me your *.cal file or a picture of the map.. Which shows thopse cells.
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
b20beast wrote: No i had 'locked' cells by mistake i think.
Could you please send me your *.cal file or a picture of the map.. Which shows thopse cells.
i think i cleared them select like 4 cells right click -->tuner ---> and click lock selection... you will understand

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

b20beast wrote: i think i cleared them select like 4 cells right click -->tuner ---> and click lock selection... you will understand
Okey While data logging you can lock wanted cells You should be able to unlock them also:) If you can not change those setting than your cal file may be corrupted...
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
b20beast wrote: i think i cleared them select like 4 cells right click -->tuner ---> and click lock selection... you will understand
Okey While data logging you can lock wanted cells You should be able to unlock them also:) If you can not change those setting than your cal file may be corrupted...
sorry for the confusion... those were 2 separate issues.....

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

could be either too much fuel or not enough fuel when going into vtec. try inceaseing and decresing by 15-20% and see if it crosses over ..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262