My single car license testing info.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

WILD_EYE
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by WILD_EYE »

Ok, I verified my ectune verison and it is 0020 r4. To test the using Key On Engine off & TPS to check mil I tried to provoke 2 check engines. I disconnected the map and tps sensor. When I started up the car it did not give me a mil. I turned off the car, connected them back and started the car and pulled them while the car was running but it did not give a check engine either. I will repeat this again to do more testing. I decided to test the get rom and verify rom. I started up ectune and connected the emu. While ectune still had no calibration(rom) opened, I hit get rom and it gave me the error \"unable to load rom\": Image I had to re-open the rom (calibration) file that I had saved. I then tried the verify rom. I hit verify and it said \"rom did not verify\". I opened a new rom file, did a put base rom+ cal and then verify and I got the same message again. I will go through all the steps again tomorrow and see what happens. I was going to so some runs with the car but it started to rain pretty hard so I suspended it.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

drop me a mail i'll send the latest version for u to test
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Quick test of: 1. mil shift light .... works. tested at various rpms 2. ftl ..................works. Tested at various rpms. Did no test with inputs (will test that next). 3. kill injectors ...... works. It killed the injectors but the car would not start afterwards. After going through all of the featues I found the fuel pump turned off. I turned it back on and the car started up fine. Maybe a message letting the user know the fuel pump is off so that they know where to look to turn them on. Or have the kill injectors be a timed fuel pump off then set back to \"always on\". 4. engine temp mil.... did not work. I left the temp setting as it was (108 I think). I pulled the fan plug and let the car heat up to about 3/4 of the temp but I did not got get a mil. Maybe temp setting was too high??? I will test again with lower temp. I also tried the get rom and verify rom everyway possible to make sure there was nothing on my end but it did not work. At times (not all) if I did a put rom while the car was running the car would give me a check engine but with no code. I would turn the car off and start the car again and it would work fine. More testing coming....

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

I believe that this lite is illuminated when fuel pump is deactivated?
Attachments
fcut.JPG
fcut.JPG (11.24 KiB) Viewed 5510 times

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Fcut is fuelcut. Atvice during decel fuel cut and during rev limit(fuel cut)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Sorry for the delay in follow up testing... I've been having issues. My car got a major water leak in the windshield and it was raining really bad. My cars floor got totaly flooded and the ecu also since it was lying on the floor. I am sealing that up tomorrow or saturday so I can do some real road testing. I did try out 0020 r5 quickly today. I got the same issues though. I used the update package of r5. I tried the get rom but it failed. I tried the verify rom and it said the rom did not verify after I had just put it in the emu. The strange thing is that with version 0020 r5 I can not connect to the ecu to datalog. I had made a seperate folder install of r5 so I could use r4 incase something did not work and test. With r4 I can connect to the ecu and datalog but then I close r4 and open r5 and it wil not connect to datalog. I am using a nokia cable. I have a hulog (that I have to find) to test that out. I will also try the complete setup package for r5 and see if that has any affect.

calvin

Post by calvin »

know bug that datalog won't connect please disable auto-scan.

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Just to let you know that I have'nt been able to do more testing because x-mas tied me up a bit and things have just been going bad. Right before x-mas my car started to give me all kinds of trouble (battery, alternator, headgasket) and now I think my ostirch died on me. I am going to take to tomorrw to see if it is the ostrich or something else. As soon as I get it fixed (or buy a new os) I will continue. I hope it is not the ostrich so that I can get it working and continue testing tomorrow. Sorry.... :(

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'm sure craig will fix it for you

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

calvin wrote:i'm sure craig will fix it for you
yea Craig's customer service is second to none. he has already replaced my ostrich for me once.

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Ok guys, I'm back in the game :D . Turns out the problem was with my ecu. I found the problem and fixed it. More testing coming soon....

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Do the pwm components need be added to a p75 ecu? I am currently using a p75 with the iab components added.

calvin

Post by calvin »

you can use iab ouput for EBC

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Ok. cool. I have a p06 I might use since my p75 was the one I fixed but I don't know if it's going to give me more trouble. I am going to pepare the p06 just incase. Would I just need to add the iab components to the p06 or are the iab and pwm components different?

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll post the details now... 3 methods.. easy is PWM kit, but 1 sk5151 and 1n4001 is also easy 12 volt output a19 pin http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?p=5923