Ostrich Pairing Mod

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich Pairing Mod

Post by calvin »

I have modified ectune. On Craig Moates advice: When resetting the vendor, e.g. to use with other software, the serial doesn't reset. No need to reqeust an other license when switch to ectune. The memory bank will be empty on reseting. Comments? Happy people?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

z31

Post by z31 »

Is this with the new ostrich firmware or a new revision? Yes, Calvin this makes me very happy at least :D

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

SICK!!!!! Thank you. I like using software where the developers actually listen to peoples requests/feedback. Do we have to upgrade to a new version? Or does this just work now magically?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Hey Calvin, cool cool! Though, I don't see why I would need to switch back :twisted: :twisted:
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

That´s music to my ears. That should help ease up a lot of frustration for some new users/customers out there. Is this an eCtune-only change or is a new Ostrich firmware required as well? As always, I´ll happily test. And adapt the helpfile to reflect the new and improved behaviour too :D /Allan

borat

Post by borat »

Awesome. I think that would have been a deal-breaker for some people. Thanks calvin!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

ectune only
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

fast2camciv

Post by fast2camciv »

borat wrote:Awesome. I think that would have been a deal-breaker for some people. Thanks calvin!
it had deffinetely made me look hard at other options...but now im sold! perfect.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Can anyone explain me better what this mod do? Thanks in advance

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

First of all - This would only affect single-user license versions of eCtune for people who also use their Ostrich for other software as well. For the single user versions, the PC´s eCtune license is paired with the owner´s Ostrich. When this is done, a unique serial number for the Ostrich is generated. When the pairing process is complete, only eCtune can use the Ostrich. For other software to use it, the Ostrich must be reset. A simple press of a button within eCtune does this. Originally, a NEW serial number would then be generated in order to once again pair the Ostrich to eCtune - which, in effect, required the user to once again request a new license file from Calvin. THIS IS WHAT´s NEW (as I understand it, anyway): Now the original serial number is retained when the Ostrich is reset, so the same license can be used again. A very good idea in my opinion :D /Allan

calvin

Post by calvin »

Allan your completed correct

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Now it's understood, very useful for who intend to use ostrich with other applications. Thanks Allan (for the explanation) and Calvin (for the mod) :wink:

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

so has this magically taken effect in the eCtune software? Or do i have to download a new version of eCtune? I'm pretty sure i'm using R6 right now, but i upgraded to R6 before this mod was ever done. Good work calvin. This is greatly appreciated.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Thats awesome! This was one of my main concerns with the program.

WILD_EYE

Post by WILD_EYE »

Wow!. Very cool Calvin. I definetely have to try that out.