datelogger wont connect

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

zex_cool
http://phpbb3styles.net

datelogger wont connect

Post by zex_cool »

anyone having this problem ? im using the v. 0.0.2.0r7 finally a nice day after weeks of snow, ostrich issues and now this too, im a little mad to say the least.

z31

Post by z31 »

Are you getting any type of message with it not connecting? Do you have it on auto-detect? Try manual and click your port and see if that helps. If you take a screen shot of your settings and post them, that could also help in the process of troubleshooting.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

it was on auto-scan and it wouldnt connect. switching to manual did nothing until i changed the baut rate. now its connected but EVERY fucking time its connected and i turn the key off the datelogger freezes. i have to exit everything then connect again. and as im shutting down error msg comes up saying cant connect to com port 4 which is the port im using. if this helps; key on>connect>key off when you key back on nothing happens and it says its connected and not timed out or w/e it use to say before.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

jst found something out. when i go to exit and the error msg and the save changes msg pup up, if i click ok on the error one(it gives no other options) and cancel on the save msg it displays that the datelogger is disconnected. and i can jst connect and be back in business....kind of. lol

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

zex_cool wrote: and i turn the key off the datelogger freezes. i have to exit everything then connect again.
I have this exact same problem.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

you both are sure? If you key off it freezes? Can you report the excat steps what you do and what msg you get? then i can test in 0021r0 if the problem is still here
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

both tester can u test this again drop me a mail i'll send u the latest version 0021.r0 just for testing this problem. Because it shouldn't do that in 0021.r0
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

email sent, I was still having this problem today.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

it did the same few hours go. steps; connect to datalogger(key on) leave datelogger connected key off datelogger still says connected key on again and nothing happens datelogger still says connected but not responding. while exiting the softwere error msg pops up saying \"cant connect to com port 4\" which is the port im using. btw Calvin, im using 0.0.2.0r7

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Just tested in 2.1r0 and it is working fine, I tried cycling the key on, off, stalling the car, kill injectors, etc, and as of now it all seems to work. Another fine job Calvin.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

works here as well. thank you Calvin. :)

calvin

Post by calvin »

good

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Did this in r8 with succes: key on connect datalogger key off datalogger tells its time-out (or simular message) in red.
Last edited by RoadXY on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvin

Post by calvin »

good

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I can key-on/off/off all day long and eCtune will connect and \"time out\" as intended, no problems whatsoever. /Allan