Finally messing around a bit

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

z31
http://phpbb3styles.net

Finally messing around a bit

Post by z31 »

So far I've I've registered both program and my ostrich (paired) with no problems whatsoever. :D Thanks Calvin. The program is very user friendly so far and everything that I've messed with or tested so far have worked 100% to my knowledge. I'll just start off with some things that I really like about eCtune so far. First off I really like the Injector Cal window for it's ease of use. I like the fact that it's got your a/f displayed nice and huge instead of having to look off to the side like on some other programs. Also something small to add, I really like the + and - selectors, instead of having to manually type in numbers (I usually tune at night so numbers are sometimes hard to correctly punch in). Since I already talked about a/f display it brings me to my next positive for the system. A/F reading table, I like the fact that when you change a selection it automatically clears it out for you. This makes it alot easier to tune by yourself, since you won't be updating while your driving (hopefully). It also saves you from accidently double tuning a section you've already messed with. Next up is I love how the actual cell that the ecu is reading is highlighted realtime. This helped me alot with the iat and ect corrections. No guessing if it was close, because you can see what area is actually being used realtime. Also a big point is that the battery voltage actually works, checked it with a meter and it was dead on. This is great for those of you that can't find a meter atm. There's still alot more that I haven't commented on, those are just my big notes that I wrote down while tuning so far. There's just so many options and features that are outstanding, if I typed anymore my fingers will fall off. :lol: So far I've been very impressed with everything that I've had to mess with. Thanks again Calvin, and all those that helped to get the program to this point. You've all done an outstanding job. The only thing that I thought was odd was the verify rom. It doesn't verify, but I'm sure it's really only for the tuner version since the pro and diy version are only cal based/changeable. <---I don't know if I explained that correctly, it's late and my eyes hurt from typing this much. I just think anything that can't be used in a certain version should be greyed out. Unless I'm doing something wrong, which is probably the case :lol:

borat

Re: Finally messing around a bit

Post by borat »

Cool. I am going to post a similar thread tomorrow when I finish my base tune. BTW, verify ROM didn't work for me either.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

verifify rom should work. To be clear everybody is on 0020 r4?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Which ostrich which ectune version?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

z31

Post by z31 »

I believe that is the version that I'm on right now. Also, I'm using the Ostrich 1. I really do think that I'm messing something up and that's why it won't verify.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll test my end just now

calvin

Post by calvin »

Tested with 0020r4. Ostrich 1 Did a put base rom+ cal and then verify and it's OK. Please test the same

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Ostrich2, put base rom & cal then verify, worked Ok for me too.

z31

Post by z31 »

Confirmed the version number and it's correct. Step by step what you typed and... Image Sorry I don't know why it's doing it though....

calvin

Post by calvin »

i tested with ostrich1 and 2. Well i guess wait for next release

z31

Post by z31 »

Well as everyone knows the verify and get rom bug has been fixed a while ago(Firmware). Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone just reads throughout the thread and doesn't have any background on this. I still have yet to really find any bugs what so ever. Also using the write-up provide by xenocron I added the necessary components to utilize the pwm features (electronic boost controller). It was a breeze to set-up after reading the same write-up and I actually noticed quicker spool up compared to my eboost 2. It was only about 2-300 rpm quicker, also the eboost 2 isn't a cheap boost controller so for eCtune to surpass it really made my day. Let me also add that it was alot easier to setup eCtune than the eboost (I hate the stupid little buttons and the holding of buttons while I'm driving). All in all eCtune is still working flawlessly. I just want to thank Calvin and everyone else that has helped along the way, and keep up the good work. Also, Calvin have you given any more thought to that idea I ran by you?

calvin

Post by calvin »

z31 wrote:Well as everyone knows the verify and get rom bug has been fixed a while ago(Firmware). Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone just reads throughout the thread and doesn't have any background on this. I still have yet to really find any bugs what so ever. Also using the write-up provide by xenocron I added the necessary components to utilize the pwm features (electronic boost controller). It was a breeze to set-up after reading the same write-up and I actually noticed quicker spool up compared to my eboost 2. It was only about 2-300 rpm quicker, also the eboost 2 isn't a cheap boost controller so for eCtune to surpass it really made my day. Let me also add that it was alot easier to setup eCtune than the eboost (I hate the stupid little buttons and the holding of buttons while I'm driving). All in all eCtune is still working flawlessly. I just want to thank Calvin and everyone else that has helped along the way, and keep up the good work. Also, Calvin have you given any more thought to that idea I ran by you?
Alcohol idea?I'm debating it... Btw you have EBC working? Can you test something else? Closeloop boost and adjustable HZ?

z31

Post by z31 »

Yes the ebc is up and running correctly. I can also test anything you need me to test. Just send me an update link to my email and I'll test accordingly and report back to you.

calvin

Post by calvin »

Ok... i'll drop u a mail...

z31

Post by z31 »

Tested and works correctly. Sent my .cal and .elf to your mail so you can confirm. This is yet another really great feature. 8) Keep up the good work.