New laptop - locked out

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Gaskleppie »

Maybe first removing the eCtune install en removing the old eCtune directory. Then cleaning up the reg with JV16tools: http://www.macecraft.com/jv16powertools2007/ or Ccleaner: http://dutch.ircfast.com/lv/group/view/ ... leaner.htm Maybe it will help? I dont know.....

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

ok

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Gaskleppie wrote:Maybe first removing the eCtune install en removing the old eCtune directory. Then cleaning up the reg with JV16tools: http://www.macecraft.com/jv16powertools2007/ or Ccleaner: http://dutch.ircfast.com/lv/group/view/ ... leaner.htm Maybe it will help? I dont know.....
I tried the first tool... maybe I downloaded the wrong one, but it seemed like it would only help if I knew what keys to search for (Or maybe I didn't mess with it long enough to figure it out yet..) the second one, I couldn't find where to download the English version, and I don't speak Dutch.. it's different enough from English I can only understand every 3rd word or so..not enough to complete the install.

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

I did a clean install of Ectune 0.0.2.0r7 but it still does the same thing.

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

try a uninstall now. I think calvin updated the uninstaller so that may help... then try to reinstall the latest version
eCtune Team

calvin

Post by calvin »

i cannot not help you. I know it's an insolated case(your laptop) i think only a full reinstall of windows would help
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Manangement won't let me do so on the laptop

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

Test your memory using memtest86 It looks like a bad memory chip.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

While you mention the memory part, I will share a tech tip I found out with a co-worker... I worked for a company that received every single peice of merchandise that Frys Electronics had to \"crush\" or destroy. We would pick up palettes and palettes (about 8 18 wheeler loads per month or more) and sort it al out, test certain products and sell the rest in bulk or recycle... now back to the subject: I know it's a laptop, and it may not apply, but we have found a very interesting detail: We had a few machines with weird issues; totally focused around the memory (problems installing windows, booting up, etc etc... and we tried many processors and memory brands and types; Also tried several hard drives, some remedys would seem to work at first, but end up back where we started. after all the unsuccessful attempts, we tried replacing the power supply with one that was BNIB. Instantaneously, everything worked like a charm, and the errors were gone. We could only assume some oscillations or dirty signals from the power supply were causing these errors to happen.... Just thought I would add this, because I have personally taken many computers since then that memory did not fix, and got them back and going with just a new power supply. Since laptops have the 5V/12V/3.3V converters built in, this could not be your solution honestly.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I would simply run a dual-boot setup with a seperate Windows install used only for tuning - eCtune, wideband logging applications, and so forth. If the company won´t let you, well a 2½\" HDD - used or new - can be VERY cheap. I might even be able to find a free one for you here, but even if I just give it away the postage cost to the US would probably be more than the cost of the hard drive. On any decent laptop, the HDD can be replaced in less than 2 minutes... /Allan

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Thumbsup to this idea; I just grabbed an old 20Gig to do a dual XP/Linux setup without comprimising the OEM installation on it =)

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

A step forward.. I updated to the new release 0.0.2.1r4 Same 2 popups I got when I did the update on my home PC. one was for \"Com Class Factory\" other stated that a DLL was registered successfully. ECtune now opens completely without crashing and I submitted for a license.. will see what happens from here!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

well, it should be smooth sailing from there out; just patience required. The only problem I think you may ever see is a graph bug, but those are already being ironed out =) Glad to hear your movin in the right direction =)

calvin

Post by calvin »

license was send a while ago
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Finally got and installed license for eCtune. Didn't include license for Ostrich(New laptop, new ECTune install). dumbass me tried to get it working before I went to work this morning.. when I plugged eCtune to Ostrich it freaked saying Ostrich not licensed and wiped or screwed up the previous eCtune ROM in Ostrich2. Car has solid CEL, 3k rev limit. Applied for license but didn't have time to wait. limped home, grabbed spare ECU and stuck a backup Atmel/Crome EEPROM I had in my glovebox so I could get to work only half an hour late... Can you make it so eCtune connects in Read-only mode until Ostrich is registered??.. this is SUPER huge inconvenience!!