Got an Evaluation- Did some testing.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

AgentZero
http://phpbb3styles.net

Got an Evaluation- Did some testing.

Post by AgentZero »

First, let me say that this software is excelent!! Just the ease of use is superb! Not to mention the fact that everything just plain works. It makes all other \"DIY\" solutions look even worse, and eCtune is a \"Product\" not a \"DIY it should work\". Calvin, I remember 2 or so years ago on the pgmfi boards when you said you were working on a better way to display datalogs...who knew it would turn into this. Awesome! Anyways, I picked up the Pro on Sunday, and after receiving all licenses, I did a little bit of testing. Here's the hardware: 1995 GSR. Bone Stock (for now. new motor still on the stand, fabbing turbo kit now) P72 (also have P75 and P06, but don't use for obvious reasons) Moates Ostrich v1.0 Moates HondaLog Still waiting to buy PLX WB until I really \"need\" it. Sold the old Innovative So needless to say, I can't do that much testing of yet with my limited resources, but that won't stop me. First things first: absolutely ZERO issues connecting Ostrich and datalogging through the HondaLog. What little testing I did- everything seemed to work beautifully. Again, I can't test any features that involve boost, or a wideband, but that time will come. I did notice a few things in the Parameters were greyed out: -Antistart (which is the best idea ever) which Jared confirmed for me is not yet implemented. -RadFan idle cool (I assume is just not implemented either) The only other issue that I had involves a problem with either my clutch interlock switch, or ign. cylinder. When starting, i usually always get a blink from the CEL. There are never any codes stored, so I know it is the old \"solid CEL\" blinking real quick. On one occasion, it even caused a full power loss when trying to start (reset the clock) which leads me to believe clutch interlock. Either way, I had done a quick check of datalogging connection with KOEO which checked out OK. I then started while still connected, and saw the CEL blink. At this point, I could not re-connect datalogging...it almost looked like it was connected, but wasn't. I will try to replicate this again...it wasn't really a \"bug\" just something I noticed. I will test A LOT more this weekend, and have some real results.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

The CEL flashing at start I believe is a quick reference for you to know what version of the software you're using or something along those lines, but its normal.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Nice to hear the good things! I can not follow you what exactly happens during starting, but you need to know that eCtune has an identification when you turn the key. It first flashes the mil 1 time long like normal, and then it flashes 2 times short to make clear you are running eCtune. Maybe that is what you see. And you dont have to reconnect the datalogging after stopping you engine and restarting it again. The datalogging will stop during engine off, and start again after starting the engine.

AgentZero

Post by AgentZero »

Yes- I did notice the the 2 quick flashes for eCtune. That is really cool. But my issue occurrs during actual cranking. It's as if the ECU loses power for a quick second when cranking....either due to the clutch interlock switch being jacked up, or because of the key/ign cylinder and or the associated wiring.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

PRO has 2 flashes DIY will have 3 flahes Tuner version can be disabled or adjusted Thanks for the nice comments.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Sound like something on your end, I do not think that the clutch switch would cause this because that will not cause you clock to reset, but your ignition going bad might. Its good to see reviews like yours, spread the word. :D

calvin

Post by calvin »

spread the word indead
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

AgentZero wrote:Yes- I did notice the the 2 quick flashes for eCtune. That is really cool. But my issue occurrs during actual cranking. It's as if the ECU loses power for a quick second when cranking....either due to the clutch interlock switch being jacked up, or because of the key/ign cylinder and or the associated wiring.
so it will just not want to start or stay running? Check your ignition switch; this is normally the fault...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

calvin wrote:PRO has 2 flashes DIY will have 3 flahes Tuner version can be disabled or adjusted Thanks for the nice comments.
So... does my 3 flashes somehow signify that I have a DIY license?? now I am confused.. lol

AgentZero

Post by AgentZero »

Yea...sorry. The whole blip of the CEL while cranking is a previous issue that is unrelated to eCtune. It has happened for a while, and as I said, I think it is related to the key cylinder...that should be a fun replacement. The only reason I had mentioned it was because of the datalogging disconnection which I thought I had seen. I will try to replicate (and test take a crap ton more notes) this weekend. Are there any thoughts about accepting input from the HR Tuning TunerLCD? I'm on the pre-release list- originally for crome, but I've got this now too, so I'll test out both. I remember reading somewhere that neptune will take an input from the tunerLCD...any thoughts?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

it's already being done... but the electrical part of the ignition cylinder is easy as hell to get at. pull the 2 or 3 screws off the bottom of your steering column cover, and it should pop off th eupper 1/2 of the cover. you will then see the electrical lines coming out of the other side of the ignition switch. 2 phillips head screws get her out.... pulling the rest out takes a little more work, but mot much at all.

z31

Post by z31 »

Tuner LCD will accept the data from eCtune, it's listed already on his site and he already made a post on here also. I believe it's under the hardware support section.

calvin

Post by calvin »

after upgrading to 0021r4 all PRO should be 2 flashes

calvin

Post by calvin »

AgentZero wrote:Yea...sorry. The whole blip of the CEL while cranking is a previous issue that is unrelated to eCtune. It has happened for a while, and as I said, I think it is related to the key cylinder...that should be a fun replacement. The only reason I had mentioned it was because of the datalogging disconnection which I thought I had seen. I will try to replicate (and test take a crap ton more notes) this weekend. Are there any thoughts about accepting input from the HR Tuning TunerLCD? I'm on the pre-release list- originally for crome, but I've got this now too, so I'll test out both. I remember reading somewhere that neptune will take an input from the tunerLCD...any thoughts?
your lcd was already shipped?

AgentZero

Post by AgentZero »

I wish. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing. I remember JR posting something about using one of the buttons as an input with NepTune- to toggle \"valet mode\"- so a secondary limiter, or secondary maps etc.