New laptop - locked out

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

The problem is eCtune needs to have data written to it in order to assign the serial number; thus making that process necessary... right? I don't know how the moates encrypt thing works, but that is best guess from the mechanics of things. I personally only have had to have one license assigned to me, so I can't say one or the other about it; I can only speculate.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

The best thing to do is to work read-only until you know the setup is correct and will work with the system. If Ostrich is not registered it should read it, determine such and alert the user that it will not communicate with the ostrich. If the user wants to wipe the ostrich or needs to in order to make it work, there should be a prompt whether to tamper or not to if this situation occurs. One of the biggest complaints so far is the time it take to get registered or to fix certain problems.. when dealing with something that you rely on for income(or transportation)... you want to do everything possible to preserve their ability to continue work. better to tell you it needs to do something potentially dangerous and allow you to decline because you can't deal with this (minor) issue rather than cause an oh-shit moment and be stuck unable to continue further.

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Back on track now.. sorta.. got the Ostrich license.. installed it to eCtune. Found a copy of one of my previous cals.. loaded it, downloaded cal & base to Ostrich2... no problems there... verify 100% good and car starts, runs fine.. connect for datalog.. everything looks kosher. about 40-ish seconds later, the data 'loses sync' and numbers go erratic. If I stop the datalog and re-start, it is good again for a short while.. over 30 seconds but under a minute and then it returns to crap data. It looks like the base rom is ver .54? I am using P72_273 base... Should I find and down-grade back to .43 where I was working good before?

z31

Post by z31 »

Here's just a random question. Are you also using the serial input from your wideband and does your datalogging icon start flashing very quickly when this \"sync\" problem is occuring? If it is, it could possibly be a port assignment type problem (I don't think that's the correct terminology, but you know what I mean). Manually assign the com ports and see if this still happens. It could be totally wrong, but it's one idea for troubleshooting.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

2kCivicSi wrote:Back on track now.. sorta.. got the Ostrich license.. installed it to eCtune. Found a copy of one of my previous cals.. loaded it, downloaded cal & base to Ostrich2... no problems there... verify 100% good and car starts, runs fine.. connect for datalog.. everything looks kosher. about 40-ish seconds later, the data 'loses sync' and numbers go erratic. If I stop the datalog and re-start, it is good again for a short while.. over 30 seconds but under a minute and then it returns to crap data. It looks like the base rom is ver .54? I am using P72_273 base... Should I find and down-grade back to .43 where I was working good before?
it's the driver not eCtune 100% others don't have that. Check your latency if using FTDI driver
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Not FTDI.. Prolific 2303. But with previous laptop it was flawless always! I am not sure if I am using the same driver I had previously... just the first one I could get my hands on when it were needed. I have an IC for FTDI but need to make a PCB for it..

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

Also, not using serial input from wideband.. I have PLX M350... only has analog out.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

let me guess centrino duo? i had always used a nokia/profilic cable when switch to centrino it was fucked... didn't work anymore i debug what happen... garabge from driver/commport
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Switch to a hulog and your problem will go away. Calvin and I fought this on my car. You are using the nokia cable right?

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

not nokia cable.. some off-brand USB-serial cable.. I removed the 232 chip and wired the 2303 TTL output direct to header. It's worked excellent for many years. Also, not Centrino.. Intel Core 2 duo 1.6g, 1g ram, 60g hdd Dell Precision M90

calvin

Post by calvin »

swtich from single core to dual core messed up by me. Try a hulog.. best ever

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I still promise your problems will go away if you get the hulog. I had the same thing. Plus your helping Craig.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

calvin wrote:Try a hulog.. best ever
x5,000! Stable chip, relaible as well.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

I don't mind helping craig.. but somebody gotta help my wallet...

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

I went online and found the latest Prolific 2303 drivers (I think it said v19) and installed them. Now, datalogging appears to work perfectly. At this point it seems like everything is working so far.