how to set decel fuel cut?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Gaskleppie »

I had Skunk2 stage 2 cams (not the pro) These cams are just as high as the ones you got and they pulled more vacuum that yours. Basically the poor vacuum gives you thees problems. Your are sure that they are mounted right?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

yes.the cams are mounted correctly. besides the car is mounted on a 70mm throttle body, Ported head, skunk2 valves, and pctx pistons.can influence the vacuum of the duty cycle iacv?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Is the head milled? Then the cams can have an offset to the real tdc. I thought Skunk cams have the calibration holes in them. You can check if they are at tdc.

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

the cams were fitted by my mechanic, and was noted for the 2000km of use.yours position was that as skunk2 says. the car always had this vacuum at idle, and never notice any problem. the idle control is very much consistent in ectune,but the fuel cut routine itsnt no good for my engine setup,or I'm setting something wrong

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Pro 1s pull very little vaccum.. They are pretty agressive on the primary lobe. Stage IIs are stock primary lobes if I remember correctly.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Stage II have also an aggressive 1st lobe. It pules to 6000rpm before changing to vtec. Anyway, The problem is the lousy vacuum, thats for sure. You have to try to search the best settings for it. I had a ITB motor with killer cams once. It had even less vacuum. Somehow I managed to get rid of the fuelcut. So it must be possible...

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

hello.i have been talking with the skunk2 people, and I have been told that these cams produce less vacuum at idle to stage 2, since their range is of a different design to be pro. take a look my. cal.arround minute 3:04, I made a deceleration from about 7000rpm to the 2500rpm .the fuelcut this is set to stock program settings,excep tps .you can see that the engine produces vacuum under the provisions and is not acting as the perfect fuelcut, even under the conditions chosen. please,take a look arround my .cal parameters,might have something that is not well in my setup or not that happens, all requirements for fuelcut but no fuelcut, or when there he want.no understand why, or if there is anything that this hindering
Attachments
data prueba5_08042009_0632.elf
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
eCt prueba 5.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Gaskleppie wrote:Stage II have also an aggressive 1st lobe. It pules to 6000rpm before changing to vtec.
Not compared to a Pro 1..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Still I think that with a vacuum setting @ 200mbar and looking at the graph, I think the ecu is doing quite what you have set in parameters. You have to consider that there is a 600msec delay also. Like you can see in the graph, its cutting below 1% tps AND below 200mbar.
Attachments
fuelcut1.JPG
fuelcut1.JPG (239 KiB) Viewed 7100 times

calvin

Post by calvin »

it's not a bug for the 10th time. also i have send u the new version right?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

When I get into fuel cut, it will blip on then off then on real quick before settling. What would cause this?

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

between 2800 and 4800rpm, you can see how the map reading is always in this set. only twice during this current time.i understand that there is a delay of 600ms until the fuelcut, but during this period never exceeds the map value and no fuelcut.appears when he want.

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

calvin wrote:it's not a bug for the 10th time. also i have send u the new version right?
hello calvin,I am always aware that I may have committed some errors, just go to this forum to discuss, at any time and to claim anything, I'm just stating my problem, seek help from you who are professionals in this and in its Creator programa.no case to claim anything, I'm very happy with the behavior of ectune in my car, everything has been improvement since we use, except that this parameter seems not work for me bien.is why I asked to see if possible as this is my set. lime, since they may be other reasons that are causing this fenomenon.in if a program error, no reason to get angry, we are all human and not perfect, and if been my mistake sorry for the inconvenience to all who are reading this post, but I like to fix this bug because it is uncomfortable to drive the car like that. send this update of the program if it wants, and told him his behavior. a greeting.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

red_zone wrote:between 2800 and 4800rpm, you can see how the map reading is always in this set. only twice during this current time.i understand that there is a delay of 600ms until the fuelcut, but during this period never exceeds the map value and no fuelcut.appears when he want.
I understand what you are seeing but you must realize that the ecu reads much faster that the 15msec sample rate we can see in the logger. So were you read 200mbar or just below that, the ecu can have read a small spike above 200mbar that have caused the fuelcut to stop. I dont think the ecu wants to punish you just because you placed a set of Skunk2 cams in his engines head ;) But, looking at your graph, it could help bigtime if Calvin could make some sort of Fuelcut off-delay. Maybe its possible, just as the fuelcut on-delay to make such a thing.

red_zone

Post by red_zone »

it may be that you have prepared in the version of the program told me that it will send. or you may have to prepare the form to get the tps fuelcut act only with certain conditions and at 0 rpm, like hondat ... I hope I will soon send the trial version in order to test his weekend