Ostridge License = False after r13, plus no datalogging..

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostridge License = False after r13, plus no datalogging..

Post by TopMountGSR »

Some how my ostrich license crapped out and my datalogging won't connect to my ecu now that I upgraded to r13. Everything worked great previously.. I tried to re request the license and I get a email back saying 'your already registered in our system' Please help, I have a money race tom and a track day fri
Last edited by TopMountGSR on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

tried to copy the old ostrich xml license into my program files.. now I get a 'contact ectune w msgid 004h' and now my ectune wont even load.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

because that license file was not for that laptop. I'll send now
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

nothing changed regarding license in r13... that you copied an other xml file that was for your old laptop. that's why msgid 004h. send license 2 min ago
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Thank you calvin, sorry for getting frustrated. I put so much money into this car it kills me and breaks my spirit from time to time when things don't go as planned. I'll try that license.. dk

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

New license fixed both problems. I must say this runs amazing. It took me under an hour to get it tuned most of the way out. 15.5-16afr @ partial throttle and 11.8 under boost. This car now pulls like a raped ape and is soo smooth. I can't believe it only took me 1-2 min to get 1000cc precisions to idle perfect throughout ECT and IAT ranges.

calvin

Post by calvin »

wait till the next release u will have to retune though but you will happier;)(HINT)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

TopMountGSR wrote:I can't believe it only took me 1-2 min to get 1000cc precisions to idle perfect throughout ECT and IAT ranges.
My biggest feature is how quickly you can get a good and consistently stable idle basically "out of the box" with eCtune!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin

Post by calvin »

it is even better now

akira712

Post by akira712 »

calvin wrote:wait till the next release u will have to retune though but you will happier;)(HINT)
Why is this? and when will the next release come out (i know r13 just came out, just curious)

black2kgsr

Post by black2kgsr »

When changing laptops, do we need to inform you or a dealer to acquire a new license or is that automated? Also whats the policy on how many devices can have a pro license since they're mated to only 1 ostrich. Lastly, I got a new laptop and tried to run the datalogger version on it and experienced the same problems as other people have reported, a clicking relay and not much else.

calvin

Post by calvin »

you have to re-register. Old laptop will be disabled.. I have to look at that... Will do shortly