How enable the anti-Start feature ?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TheLK
http://phpbb3styles.net

How enable the anti-Start feature ?

Post by TheLK »

Hi, in the features the anti-start function is disable :? ... How enable it ? Because I would use this feature :wink:
B16 / P30 EDM / OSTRICH v1 / eCtune Pro

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

That is a feature what is not active. The idea was there but other things were more urgent to solve.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Civicman86

Post by Civicman86 »

Gaskleppie wrote:That is a feature what is not active. The idea was there but other things were more urgent to solve.
Do you know if its still on the table to be done when time permits? It is a very attractive to people that are paranoid about there car being stolen (i.e. me! lol)
-Dustin '98 Honda Civic 1.6t SOHC

z31

Post by z31 »

Civicman86 wrote: Do you know if its still on the table to be done when time permits? It is a very attractive to people that are paranoid about there car being stolen (i.e. me! lol)
Zero out your secondary maps and hook up a switch :wink: Or even go the distance and switch it threw your alarm if you've got one. In all reality though, if someone wants your car they'll take it..it's a sad truth. Calvin is very busy atm and I'm sure he's working on more pressing issues.

Civicman86

Post by Civicman86 »

z31 wrote:
Civicman86 wrote: Do you know if its still on the table to be done when time permits? It is a very attractive to people that are paranoid about there car being stolen (i.e. me! lol)
Zero out your secondary maps and hook up a switch :wink: Or even go the distance and switch it threw your alarm if you've got one. In all reality though, if someone wants your car they'll take it..it's a sad truth. Calvin is very busy atm and I'm sure he's working on more pressing issues.
yeah I was not expecting it to be top priority. I just know as a consumer and looking at many posts on different boards, an anti-start device is very appealing. I know if someone really wants the car they will get it, but that doesnt mean I'm goign to leave the doors unlocked with the keys inside ;). I just like to make my car as hard to steal as possible. I'm just curious if it is still going to implemented in a future version of the software or has it been scraped all together?
-Dustin '98 Honda Civic 1.6t SOHC

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

Any update on this? Thanks.

spraymysol

Post by spraymysol »

I can't wait its driving me crazy... heh Let us know Calvin!

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

I must say, as an outside looking in, the anti-start feature would be the difference between choosing this EMS and others. Aside from everything else awesome about it =).

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

The problem with the anti start feature, if its the same for all ectune pro cars then they would know the standard sequence could start any ectune car, and they would be able to tell it was a ectune car by the flashing check engine light when the key is cycled. Just a thought.. I really don't know if the sequences are changeable per user, I haven't looked into it.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

It's really useless when you can't personally set the sequence for unlocking the anti-start-device. So I guess it's a personal setting.

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Power your ecu with a relay activated by the horn button. Move horn to different switch. I think it would be better to program another input for user selectable number of engagements - press horn button 5 times before crank.

spraymysol

Post by spraymysol »

Has anyone looked at the anti-start in the program? It says tps input and has a box for x times and then it has extra input and a box for x times So you set how many times you press the gas and then another input, one of the options is a brake input, its not useless, with the two inputs it adds a little security, but sure when you get it right the check engine light flashes, that is why you use more than one input instead of a crook tapping the gas pedal slowly.... So I don't know what anyone is talking about when they say it will be the same for all users, it obviously won't.
Attachments
antistart.jpg
antistart.jpg (166.83 KiB) Viewed 5424 times

spraymysol

Post by spraymysol »

But yes Calvin I was curious as to some sort of ETA on when we should expect to see anti-start implemented. I am also very curious to see if there are going to be some new crazy features popping up in eCtune when coupled with the Demon and if anti-start will be one of those.