update problem

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Orthello
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Orthello »

R15 here! Rom 0.0.60?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

rom 59 it should
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

uh oh, mine says .60 as well. Maybe when I tried to upgrade yesterday and that pop up came up that said to switch to .60 and I said yes, saved it that way now? Will it be a problem? I have the original .cal saved anyways but if it's not going to be a problem I will just leave it alone.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Mine is now on r15 update worked How do you tell which rom version you have? Do you ever need to update your rom or does it do it automatic with the program update? Thanks for your alls time dk
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

i just did the force update. i updated my calibration and now a/f is RICH throughout the entire map. i get 3 blinks after uploading the calibration as well. what's going on? i do see that it is r15.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yeah, Calvin, I too am reporting rom 60.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

turbine tuning wrote:i just did the force update. i updated my calibration and now a/f is RICH throughout the entire map. i get 3 blinks after uploading the calibration as well. what's going on? i do see that it is r15.
3 blinks after priming the fuel pump? That is because you use the eCtune pro version. If you didn't had that before, you haven't updated your ecu for a while? The three blinks are there since I don't know when. Quite a while at least.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

also release notes say you should retune, so something was changed on that respect.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i'll release update now it should be 59.. not 60... 60 is test version
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

re-forceupdate and check pls.. but 58->59 does require retune 59->60 won't need retune...

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

Calvin- so is this R15 ROM version 59 the same as the R14 (59) some of us tested? Thanks,

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

calvin wrote:re-forceupdate and check pls.. but 58->59 does require retune 59->60 won't need retune...
i don't understand what 58-->59 mean, or 59-> 60. so you're saying i'll have to retune the car? can't i just copy and paste the tables into a new calibration? thanks in advance.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

58, 59 and 60 are the rom versions that can be chosen when you make a new rom in the tuner version. The pro version automatically takes the last version and which version you have is visible in eCtune. When your curent version is 58 or lower and you want to upgrade to 59, you have to retune your car.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

That's odd cause I never retuned the car from 58 and the car is still running flawless. Only thing I have noticed is the car runs a little lean on initial start up which I don't mind being it was WAY rich. Basically fixed itself :D

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

oh ok. well i had 60 as of last night, just now i did the new force update and my old calibration is now 59. do i have to retune? i couldn't even idle the car last night after the force update. it was between 10 and 10.5 a/f throughout the map.