Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Orthello
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Orthello »

it's 59 so YES you have to retune!

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

how does this make any sense? retune everytime an update comes out?

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Nope. Just once because something has changed in the way fuel values are handled.

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

this is crazy. i'm glad i didn't spend $300 on dyno time.

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

I helped test this version and the retuning wasn't an issue. I ended being slightly leaner. What I suggest is to retune the Injector Calibration or retune the injector offset and touch-up your batt.Offset tables if neccessary. Then go out and see how the A/F looks. I had no bigg issue and i wasnt that far off. I've had alot of success so far with this version, the A/F ratios are way more stable in WOT. Once you look at the logs from this version vs. the previous you\"ll see it right away :D .

james25

Post by james25 »

Update works, like what ^ he said. I only had to tweak my injector offset.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

there were 2 retunes required... 1) battery formula 0056 -> smoother idle 2) injector offset/overall 0059 -> smoother idle, stabler AFR at wot.. little better tip in the next i'm working on is tps tip in and tip out. but won't require retune.. some tested it already..
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

my map trace trail is not working on this version. also, my a/f reading overlay table is not logging anything. anyone else having this problem? any suggestions?
calvin wrote:there were 2 retunes required... 1) battery formula 0056 -> smoother idle 2) injector offset/overall 0059 -> smoother idle, stabler AFR at wot.. little better tip in the next i'm working on is tps tip in and tip out. but won't require retune.. some tested it already..

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

nothing changed there should work... normal... it doesn't record afr but sqaure moves?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

integralactic

Post by integralactic »

Updated to v.60, I got a race this weekend and all I gotta do is change my boost cut for the race. So if I load my .cal with this new version I gotta do a retune? I dont really have time before the race to check everyting and retune, is there a way to revert backto .58 for now?

calvin

Post by calvin »

you should have .59 not 60 reupdate

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

calvin wrote:nothing changed there should work... normal... it doesn't record afr but sqaure moves?
yea exactly, the 4 boxes are moving around but no numbers are being recorded. i will try again tomorrow and save the log.

calvin

Post by calvin »

then a record value is not met... check setting afr overlay

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

It takes a while before the first recorded values appear. Force updated eCtune about 1 hour ago and I'm fully capable of creating nice logs, including the log window.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I just force updated and it went back to 59. I will take it out in the morning and test datalogging on the way to work and report back.