Ignition Corrections

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

turbine tuning
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ignition Corrections

Post by turbine tuning »

I read somewhere I can disable all ignition corrections in boost. Where can I find that feature? I don't know whether I should zero the corrections out on the dyno or not because of high iat's and ect's. I think i'm pulling 3 degrees after ect is 210. Let me know, thanks.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

first page in parameters....
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

ok i disabled corrections under boost but for some reason my actual ignition logs shown4-5 degrees lower than table readings. why is this?

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Your CAL + logfile should reveal what´s going on. Use the logs, it really is an amazing tool to diagnose these kinds of issues. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

haha i did use the logs. that's how i know that there's a difference in table and ignition readings. i just can't figure out why. timing is synced at 16, corrections are disabled under boost. thanks.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

The log should shows which corrections are in effect. If you want help diagnosing this, you need to upload the CAL and logfile. That´s really the only way Calvin or someone else knowledgable can help you. Anything else would result in endless guesswork. /Allan

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

i emailed the cal and log to calvin last week, just waiting for a response. here it is. thanks for the help.
Attachments
johngsr.cal
(8.17 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
jkjk_19072008_2321.elf
(40.66 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
jdjdj_19072008_2320.elf
(71.31 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

From what I can tell, eCtune does as it is supposed to do. -IAT is very high = IAT ign. corrections active. -ECT is very high = ECT ign. corrections active. -TPS is constant -1%. Thus the ECU thinks you´re idling. Causing idle ign. corrections to be active because the \"idle\" is obviously high as you´re driving along :) If TPS was working and IAT=lower and ECT=lower (like not 101 celcius!) your table ign would match final ign perfectly. ECT/IAT etc. trims are always active, also above 1034 mbar even though you check the \"disable ign corrections above\" box. /Allan

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

wow thanks a lot for the help. it makes a lot of sense now. do you think i should zero out the corrections for now since it is between 85 and 95 degrees F out here in the summer? my iat's and ect's just won't go down. can i start with lower timing and 0 correction and gradually bring it up while checking plugs? thanks again.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

I would probably just tune the tables and let the ign/iat corrections do their thing at the default settings. /Allan

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

ok but then in the winter when my iat's and ect's go below correction level my timing will be higher since it's not pulling anything. will i have to just retune then? thanks.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

As I understand it.... With lower IAT and ECT, your knock threshold should be higher, allowing for more timing. And this is also one point for using an intercooler, by the way. :) That´s the whole point of the compensation tables... They are there for a reason. But hey, It´s your engine, tune for whatever makes you feel more safe. In my book, timing should never be left on the bleeding edge anyway. The tables are there to ensure you don´t have to tune manually for every conceivable temperature... makes sense? /Allan

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

i understand, you're absolutely right. i will work on bringing my temps down. i got the tps working today so it's not correcting that anymore. thanks for the help.