something strange...

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

butch11a
http://phpbb3styles.net

something strange...

Post by butch11a »

i use a dell laptop with windows xp, innovate lc1 with serial data and ectune, before this everything was working fine, but this morning when i connected my laptop, everything worked, emulator connected, datalogging and serial wb connected . Opened up a/f table logging and map trace and went for a drive around the block, when i got back, i checked the a/f table logs and the mouse pointer wouldn't move, tried ctrl+alt+del, nothing, laptop was frozen, had to press the power button to shut down the laptop. Then i restarted windows and connected again, and everything connected, after about 30 seconds, laptop froze again, still couldn't shut dowm from the task manager, so turned off laptop again, happened around 3 times. On the 4th time i opened settings window before everything freezes, clicked save and continued datalogging, then the freezing stopped. now everything runs well again, i hope this doesn't come back, I just thought i'd let you know.....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Have you tried another laptop?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

run a memory check on your laptop; dell's are infamous for bios and hardware/driver updates; make sure everything is current; sounds like the computer..
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ef92b

Post by ef92b »

-verify your COMM port settings inside BIOS setup -verify your Windows pagefile size, usually it's 1.5 times your physical RAM + 12Mb.
newb a.k.a clyde(pgmfi.org)

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

everything seems alright now, it hasn't hanged since then....maybe it was the windows update that did it.....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

ef92b wrote:-verify your COMM port settings inside BIOS setup -verify your Windows pagefile size, usually it's 1.5 times your physical RAM + 12Mb.
I run with virtual memory off; 2GB of ram in my laptop.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

glad it's solved
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.