ectune on a D15Z1?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

greasemonkee
http://phpbb3styles.net

ectune on a D15Z1?

Post by greasemonkee »

Since there are no preloaded maps for the P07, what would be the suggested course of action if I needed to tune a D15Z1 engine? I'm guessing the only way would be to take a load dyno to get the part throttle timing maps set?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

p06?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

relic1

Post by relic1 »

P07 = VX = D15Z1 = VTEC-E Your best bet right now would be to start with the P06 maps and tune (alot) from there. Also the cali-spec P07 maps are on pgmfi, all though I'm not sure how compatible they would be with eCtune. It may simply be useful as a guide with your tuning.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I would trust the tables fromt he cali spec P07, but use the timing as a reference; see where it's all set up...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

or just buid a map from scratch.. if you want I can build you 1
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Try This..
Attachments
D15Z1 VTEC-E.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

did you try? worky?? no worky??

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Somehow I missed your post burgermass. Thanks for it though. What did those maps start life as? They look like they have a lot more fuel up high than a VX would seeing as the rev limit on a VX is 5800ish? Is is possible to convert the stock P07 maps to a .cal? From what I understand there are two different sets of maps on two eproms in the P07 to accommodate the lean burn, sounds complex.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Just tune it like any other vtec engine. Forget about lean burn, its nog going to work like that unless you are gonna use wideband closed loop that is set at 16:1 or so. I did a US Vtec-e once. I had great fun with it. I think I got 100% extra power out of it. You can start vtec@2500rpm at high loads and @4000rpm at low loads. This is my .cal from that car.
Attachments
eCt.base273-0.0.47-rev1.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

That looks more like a vtec-e :) Were those part throttle timing maps optimized? The plan was to use the WB for closed loop as the primary purpose is to be for economy.

elevation

Post by elevation »

I've got one of these on the burner. The one I got has 3 sensors in the distributor and one on the crank.... Anyone know why?Thanks for the starter map ideas :!:
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I want a VTEC-E head for a top-secret D15B2 build... people will see the motor/block and laugh, while I am laughing inside about hwat it really has. I know what's special about the Z1 head... and tis the reason I would use one =P
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

o, remember that the original bin was version .47 so it can be that the fuel must be adjusted a lot if you use this cal in a newer rom version!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

The one I got has 3 sensors in the distributor and one on the crank.... Anyone know why?
The three inside the distributor are the normal ones used for basic PGMFI. The one on the crank is used to measure fluctuations in crankspeed. By meausruring them the ECU can determen if the mixture is ok or not. I think it is another method to prevent knock. VTEC-E runs at mixtures up to AF 22:1 ... :shock:

elevation

Post by elevation »

CRX2 wrote:
The one I got has 3 sensors in the distributor and one on the crank.... Anyone know why?
The three inside the distributor are the normal ones used for basic PGMFI. The one on the crank is used to measure fluctuations in crankspeed. By meausruring them the ECU can determen if the mixture is ok or not. I think it is another method to prevent knock. VTEC-E runs at mixtures up to AF 22:1 ... :shock:
Hhhhmmm, yes I know of the very lean mixtures which makes me wonder how lean I could run the d15b2.thanks for the info. calvin do you know of this crank fluctuation method of detonation control? I believe this motor is default obd1.This is gonna be fun!
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com