Injector Setup not working for new cal.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

stenseltizm
http://phpbb3styles.net

Injector Setup not working for new cal.

Post by stenseltizm »

I downloaded the latest update I saved a copy of my current instal to a zip folder backup I uninstalled ectune and then installed the updated file (I know tedious way of doing it but Forced Update has never done anything, even when I open ectune and it asks if I would like to update selecting yes just closes the program) when I start a new cal I get a no start. All of the maps are blue instead of graduated colors from blue to orange. This morning I just noticed under injector calibration the current injector flow rating is set to Infinity for a final multiplier of 0. It does this no matter what I choose under injector setup and ecu type when I start a new cal. I selected every option under use map from and it works on all the F/H series maps but nothing else. I'm going to assume this caused my no start but I can't test that until I can get near the car again ( its about 40min away). I re-entered the information for my injectors under the parameters tab and it changed the multiplier and colors back to graduated from blue. Image
Attachments
Injector Error.cal
P28 ECU P30 Maps DSM 450Inj
(8.18 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Civic Tsi »

I don't know what the hell is going on but here's your cal set for 450cc.
Attachments
Injector_Fix.cal
(8.18 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

Thanks I did the same thing this morning I won't be able to test until I can get near the car. I was mainly letting you guys know there is a problem and seeing if anyone else has this problem or if it's just me.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

pls give m exact steps how to reproduce this bug if its a bug. i'll verify bse map buildr and injector calibraion tool.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

I've been having problems with random rev limits cutting fuel and spark that I posted log and cal file here: http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1428 So I wanted to start with a fresh bin. Opened EcTune File New stock honda map sensor, 450cc injectors, DSM 90-94 for bat offset, boosted. click next P28 USDM Vtec, click next P30-203 JDM B16, click finish. Maps are all blue and injector size is listed as Infinity. I replicated this selecting other ecu hardware with no change. I replicated this with every ecu map except F and H series maps worked as normal. I changed the Infinity back to 450 under parameters and the car started last night, didn't have much time to try and tune it though. Also any advise on what could be blocking my forced update? I am running AVG 8.0 on XP pro service pack 3

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i replicated your problem. if u enter 0 as injector size in base map creator u get this. after u selected the battery offset you have to enter the injector flow rate new. forceupdate uses html webservice. could be fireall or avg not sure. what error do u get
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

I have been adding the injector flow rate but it doesn't take for some reason. Going back and adding it in works for now. I don't get an error with force update, if I understand the dialog box it doesn't see an update available. Image And if the software finds an update and a pop up asks if I would like to update, selecting yes EcTune closes and that is it, no update takes place. Windows firewall is shown as being turned off, I'll try to turn off AVG when the next update is available and see if it goes through?

calvin

Post by calvin »

after force update from start menu you should see update to xxxx. always

calvin

Post by calvin »

do u see this.. look in task bare for icon Image Image try it again it works.. let me know asap want to close topic.. injector cal was user error... just making sure forceupdate work at you

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

I triple checked that I entered all the information for the injectors, I'm not sure how it was user error. Can you explain what I was doing wrong? I had to re-enter the injector size after the new cal was made even though it was entered in New Cal boxes. For Forced Update I do not get either of those windows, only the black dialog box I posted above. I tried to disable AVG and try but security software doesn't seem to like to be turned off easily It's like a virus itself. I have not had time to update versions or touch the car to test the other issues you asked about.

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

Finally had a moment to install the last update, but it kept me locked out because I did not have internet it said I still had an old version. Anyone else think this every month forced update is a little extreme? I barely get to touch my car and everytime I do the software doesn't work. I installed and got an error when I clicked on the 'parameters' window. I uninstalled and reinstalled, same error. I thought maybe it was my old cal was not compatible with the new version so I uninstalled, reinstalled and opened a new cal. Same error while setting up my hardware settings. I uninstalled, deleted my settings folder and this one too: C:\\Documents and Settings\\<username>\\Local Settings\\Application Datafolder In4Tec_Solutions <username> your current login name reinstalled, and still get an error once I start setting the hardware settings in the parameters window. Once I get the error no matter what I'm changing, it comes back the moment I click on the Parameters button. And Forced Update still does nothing except give me the black dialog box when I run it. Though it seems to work when I first reinstall the software as I was locked out when I didn't have internet and I got the above window telling me my software had been updated. Here is the info in the error message: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.CommonProperties.GetLayoutState(IArrangedElement element) at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.CommonProperties.xGetDock(IArrangedElement element) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Dock() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Dock(DockStyle value) at &#134;&#155;jnc&#155;�&#153;xo�&#154;&#148;&#155;92&#154;bx.r&#137;mbmk�&#152;ugm3r&#153;l&#150;&#156;82.&#137;&#155;�&#140;&#151;&#154;�&#136;&#155;(Object , TreeViewEventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv) at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- eCtune Assembly Version: 0.0.2.2 Win32 Version: 0.0.2.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/eCtune.EXE ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- startup_lib_net_2_0 Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.2.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/eCtune.EXE ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Management Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll ---------------------------------------- Accessibility Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Security Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Deployment Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll ---------------------------------------- Interop.MTSSDKLib Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/Interop.MTSSDKLib.DLL ---------------------------------------- eCtune.XmlSerializers Assembly Version: 0.0.2.2 Win32 Version: 0.0.2.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/eCtune/eCtune.XmlSerializers.DLL ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: <configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging=\"true\" /> </configuration> When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

Is there something I need to check with my computer, or can calvin or someone log into my pc and find out what is causing these problems? I litterally have to uninstall and reinstall and play with this software EVERY time I try to update and then it doesn't always work. This software seems great but whenever I can take a few hours to try and learn more about how to use it with my car I spend those hours inside trying to get the software to function again. It is getting very frustrating.

calvin

Post by calvin »

can u take screenshots from the moment you start force update? till the end? i can send u an un-encrypted version to test so we can see where the error is thrown. It won't be until tmrw that i send it. i'm traveling today

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

Sorry I finally got a chance to run the force update and take screenshots over the weekend. It used to display nothing but this dialog box: Image Over the weekend it displayed the first section of the dialog box: Image Clicked on what data does this contain: Image clicked on view the contents of the error report: Image After selecting 'do not send error report' The black dialog box completed and waited a response from me. No other windows popped up: Image I really am starting to believe it could not possibly be EcTune specific. This laptop seems to be giving me all types of little glitches with all of my software, so I may be barking up the wrong tree. I soldered the motherboard to my old laptop and am debating on starting with a fresh install of xp and adding nothing but the basics and ectune. Would you be open to letting me transfer my license to that pc? And if it takes a dump in the near future could I then transfer it again? Or is this too much to ask. I am hesitant to start uninstalling things on my current laptop as I am obviously not real computer savy and it is my work pc. If it goes down our family business and all who it support suffer.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

This is how the dos-box is supposed to be, except for the 2nd where you had eCtune open when you ran force update...