Strange timing issue

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

lilpooh21186
http://phpbb3styles.net

Strange timing issue

Post by lilpooh21186 »

I Have 99si so i have the obd2b-obd1 conversion Ive recently purchased Ectune. So i wanted to do things 100% correct i bought 1 of those digital timing lights to my suprise my car was runing extreamly retarded. With the distributor fully advanced i still had to add 12 deg to my tables to achive the needed 16deg btd. Ive heard of people advancing dizzy and retarding timing do gain a little edge on there bottom end im thinking its the conversion that has things runing funny. Has anyone else run into this problem the car feels great i def have throttle responce gains im just nervous about adding so much timing ontop of a fully advanced dizzy.
Attachments
timing.cal
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
timing.cal
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Lock your timing with ectune to 16.4 BTDC. Tools -> Timing Sync Then use the timing light and adjust dizzy. It is possible if you don't look the timing and you idle higher then target(e.g. taraget 750 rpm and current 900rpm, due to mechanical) that it retards 3,5 degrees to try to lower idle. 16.5-3.5=13 degrees... So lock timing first that is the first step
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

I was using the timing sync at 16.0 base 16.5 lock my idle was 750-730.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

if timing sync(lock) enable and you cant sync maybe your timing belts is off a tooth. which engine?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

usdm B16a2

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

i Belive i have figured it out my head had .020 taken off + 0.05 off the deck the Tdc line on the pully is about 2-4mm off where the true tdc is on my motor.I stopped using the pully Notch and did it by the true conditions of the motor now the dizzy is fully advanced from the way i see it i may be dead on at 16.4 BTC im not quite at the first Notch which i understand to be 14 deg Btd. i would say if there were more notches before that notch i would be 2 ahead when i get my Micromiter calibrated im gunna make new notches and work off them.Is this safe the motor feels like a Whole diff beast allthough it does sound more ricey. sorry bout posting this in the wrong section also.