Ostrich suddenly unpaired

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

force update shouldn't cause this.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

I honestly don't know what caused this then, as I've only tried the software for a total of maybe 10 minutes. Can you send me a new license file soon?

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Bringing back this topic because I've still got the problem of the ostrich serial suddenly reseting. Because I was in a different country i haven't used ectune for almost 8 months so that's why its taking me a while to post anything here. Got my license last week loaded my tune in the ostrich and drove around without any problems hoping that the ostrich serial reseting problems were fixed in the ectune update's. Then this weekend I went to work on my car this weekend at a buddy of mine. And when we wanted to start to tune i got the message that my ostrich serial was different so i had to request a new license. Because of this the ostrich doesn't have a program in it and I can't use ectune to load one so I can't use my car. Now my buddy brought me back home and my car is stil in his place and now I have to wait for a license just to move my car. You can imangine that i'm pretty pissed off because of this. Luckily I have a different car for daily driver otherwise I would have a big problem of getting to work. Don't get me wrong I love ectune but the way it is now I can't go anywhere because I don't know if i can get back. If anyone know's what the problem could be please let me know.

CRX2

Post by CRX2 »

This same Ostrich I tested a time ago. And then it had no problems, probably because I use the tuner-version of eCtune?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Chech voltage on the ostrich battery.... I had mine reset recently, but I think it may have been from devendorizing with the reset utility posted on this forum... I am still trying to recreate it.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I had to use my old otrich a few times while my demon was out and down. I had a weird issue of putting a map, getting a good verify but having a solid cell. kinda weird, just unplugged replugged and few times eventually it just started working agian. I have 2 ostriches, they both did the same thing at one time or another. Used different ribbon cables, different USB cables, same issue. With demon, I've never had any issues.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

I had this same issue with my ostrich last night. I requested a license from the emulator info screen. I received the license today. I copied it into the ectune folder and got rid of the old license. Still I am having the same problem. The emulator info page reads: Firmware version: 20.09.0 Moates Emulator Type: ostrich_2 Vendor ID: none Emulator Licensed: False Serial ID: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I have used the moates firmware updater and the 20.09.0 file. I have also used the reset feature in the emulator info window. I have also used the ostrich reset program found in the hardware support forum. Crome will now upload to the ostrich. Ill be running on that until I can get this issue solved. Can someone tell me what to try next?

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

@JaredKaragen: When i first started to have this problem I've cheked the voltage and it was ok back then. But I will check it again just to be sure @Bugermass: Do you have a tuner license? Because CRX2 used my ostrich for a while witout any problems and he said it could be because of the difference between a tuner and single user license. I also used a different ecu, ribbon cable and usb cable but I still got the same issue. I've also tried unplugging my ostrich en replugging it but stil ectune remained locked. The only other odd things I've got with the ostrich, is that everytime when i connect my laptop to my ostrich I'm getting a solid cell because there isn't a rom loaded. And sometimes when i shut the engine of and try to start it again I'm getting a solid cell because the ostrich suddenly lost its rom. Maybe these things are all related?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yes I have a tuner license, but my issues were somwhat the same.. single users get locked out, when mine breaks it just won't take the rom. Well the software says the rom is there but the ECU won't boot. These may be related. Not 100% sure.. I'm waiting on my engine sim to get here, then I'll test with single user and ostrich.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

rich777

Post by rich777 »

I'm having a complete nightmare with my ostrich to. I'm finding that i'm requesting a licence every 2-3 weeks. My cal doesnt go down and i can still use the car until i press the reqest licence button. This is really getting me down as i dont have a lot of free time and need my car for work so i can not go without it. I'v had times when i'v had to pay for taxi's and ask people for lifts because i'v had to request licence :( . It wouldnt be half as bad if i could still use my car and just have to wait for a licence. The only real time i have is a couple of hours on a Saturday or Sunday to play with ectune. I'm getting fed up of seeing 'Ostrich not licenced or vendor not ectune' when i go to upload my map from the emulator to my laptop and then having the nightmare of having to request a licence. Is this a problem with the emulator ? or is it just how ectune licences work ?

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

try changing the battery inside the ostrich?

glove

Post by glove »

this just happend to me 2 seconds ago, jesus christ im losing it over here. please send me a new lisence so i can tune my damn car not sure if this helps, but i never turn my laptop off, only sleep mode, and I didnt even close ectune, I woke my computer up right to the ectune software, and tried to connect to ostrich and it said it wasnt licensed

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

glove wrote:this just happend to me 2 seconds ago, jesus christ im losing it over here. please send me a new lisence so i can tune my damn car not sure if this helps, but i never turn my laptop off, only sleep mode, and I didnt even close ectune, I woke my computer up right to the ectune software, and tried to connect to ostrich and it said it wasnt licensed
I suspect the ostrich...

glove

Post by glove »

for the first time ever yesterday, I actually told one of my buddies not to buy ectune because of the constant licencing hassles, it has screwed me over on more than 4 occasions now, I cant handle it anymore.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

glove wrote:for the first time ever yesterday, I actually told one of my buddies not to buy ectune because of the constant licencing hassles, it has screwed me over on more than 4 occasions now, I cant handle it anymore.
It sucks to hear that, ectune is awesome software. I really don't think that ectune itself is resetting the ostrich, I think mine happened because my ecu was bumped hard momentarily upsetting the battery connection. Plus my batteries haven't been changed since 2004ish (got mine when ostrich was fresh new hardware).