Ostrich suddenly unpaired

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ricardo_v
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich suddenly unpaired

Post by ricardo_v »

Hi everyone im new to using ectune myself and just got this problem when i wanted to fiddle aroud. I got my ectune pro version about 5 months ago and made sure it all worked together and there were no problems but i hadn't tryed it in my car due tue circumstances until yesterday. At first no problems when in connected the ostrich the status bar also said it was connected and it was green. Then i plugged in the ostrich on to the ecu and i got the check engine light burning because i forgot to disable some sensors. Then when i wanted to reconnect ectune with the ostrich it said that it was different from the one i was using and i couldn't upload my cal's anymore. Since then i'm waiting for a new license. Did i do somthing wrong? or is this some sort of bug?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

i would say email calvin, but hopefully it's fixed by now... possibly the ostrich lost power erasing the serial ID
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Wazzzup

Post by Wazzzup »

After the eCtune update the problem was solved.
EG H22A 1/4 mile 13.6 sec @ Drachten with eCtune

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

weird
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

I got it running now, after the ectune udate i also got a new license and i haven't got any problems since then. But its stil a weird that it suddenly unpaired. @jared: I also thought that but when i checked the ostrich info in ectune it stil had a serial number and stil had ectune as vendor id. so i think i can rule this out because if the ostrich ereased itself the vendor id should also be gone.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Well the problem occured again, ostrich has changed its serial and i had to request a new license. I haven't used the ostrich for sometime because it would without any reason erease itself. The first time it happend i was driving around stopped at a friend then when i wanted to leave i got a solid cel. Luckily i had my laptop with me and when i connected to the ostrich and wanted to read the rom i got the message that there wasn't one loaded. When i put the cal file back in it worked fine again but after a few weeks it happend again after some testing I couldn't find why it ereased itself (still happend a couple of times without any apparent reason). I thougt it maybe had something to do with my cable between the ostrich and the ecu because 1 of the connectors was a bit broken (drove around with it before i had these problems). finaly got a new connector and when I connected it this afternoon I had to request a new license. now I'm wondering if i have a faulty ostrich or do I have a different problem?

Natural Aspirations

Post by Natural Aspirations »

Bad battery connection?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

are you using ostrich with ostrich software. eg setting vendor to 0 and then back to ectune?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

I followed the manual when i first installed it and it has got the latest ostrich firmware wich is posted on this forum. When I press info in ectune the fendor still says: eCtune But do you mean i use the reset aplication for the ostrich and then reload the firmware?

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Natural Aspirations wrote:Bad battery connection?
Just checked it and the battery connection is fine. The battery reads 2.88V so the battery itself also is fine

ramaine

Post by ramaine »

I have been having the same issues for some months now and each time I had to request a new License. It has been working fine for two weeks now. I had crome on the Laptop and decided to uninstall crome as it might be interfering with the license in eCtune, this was because it continuously switched between two particular serial numbers.
Fuck Milk!! Got Boost?

calvin

Post by calvin »

ramaine wrote:I have been having the same issues for some months now and each time I had to request a new License. It has been working fine for two weeks now. I had crome on the Laptop and decided to uninstall crome as it might be interfering with the license in eCtune, this was because it continuously switched between two particular serial numbers.
were you using crome and and in ectune clear vendor? to be able to use it with crome?

ramaine

Post by ramaine »

This happened to me again twice since my last post. Last night it had a totally different serial Id and it also said vendor id none, normally it would still say eCtune. I created a new .cal on Sunday because i changed some injectors and everything was working fine, then last night when we got ready to tune i could not do anything. I requested a license again, this is now the 12th license i am requesting since January 29th of this year. I had to swap the injectors and use and old chip that i was running a few months back, because as soon as i reset vendor to eCtune and requested a license and did a force update i got a solid check light. Its really driving me crazy. :x
Fuck Milk!! Got Boost?

MADMAX

Post by MADMAX »

See Calvin, I knew I couldn't be the only one that this has happened too. Exactly the same scenario. Hadn't used ectune in over 6 months, went to use it, license had expired, and ostrich unpaired itself. Lost a good tune. My problem for not having a backup somewhere I guess, but almost left me stranded at work (45 miles to my house). Good thing I know how to wing a tune for 750's and a GM 3 bar without a wideband.

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

well it just happend again.... I was on the track today and after a little break i wanted to start my car i got a solid cel. No error codes and my tunerview display couldn't recognize my ecu indicating that there wasn't an ectune rom loaded. connected the ostrich to the laptop (connected indication on the bottom left was green). try'ed to upload my rom and i got the message \"ostrich not licensed\" and the indication on the bottom left was red. luckily i had an old chip with me that i could use otherwise i couldn't even drive home! But it was end of the race day for me...