Ostrich suddenly unpaired

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

GhostAccord
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by GhostAccord »

Yeah my license ran out and now I cannot put a calibration on my Ostrich becuase it says that it's not valid. This licensing crap is BS, I though it was all supposed to be fixed with this latest update. Now I can't even open eCtune if I have my license in the eCtune program folder. The only way I can open the software is to remove my license.xml from the folder. Then it tells me that my Ostrich requires a license. Total crap! Moving on to another tuning software with less hassle if Calvin doesn't sort this shyte out ASAP!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

GhostAccord wrote:Yeah my license ran out and now I cannot put a calibration on my Ostrich becuase it says that it's not valid. This licensing crap is BS, I though it was all supposed to be fixed with this latest update. Now I can't even open eCtune if I have my license in the eCtune program folder. The only way I can open the software is to remove my license.xml from the folder. Then it tells me that my Ostrich requires a license. Total crap! Moving on to another tuning software with less hassle if Calvin doesn't sort this shyte out ASAP!
Dig up the first license.XML that you were sent in email, your through the longest part of reg when you do that, also, you may try requesting a lic from ectune without deleting license.XML through the ostrich info window
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

rich777

Post by rich777 »

Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet ? What the hell is cuasing the problem ? All i want is to be able to use Ectune when ever i want with out worries.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

rich777 wrote:Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet ? What the hell is cuasing the problem ? All i want is to be able to use Ectune when ever i want with out worries.
9 of 10 times it is either the demon/ostrich or pc... Not ectune... I myself haven't had any issues since my ostrich lost it's serial.... Idk how this is happenig, but it's not a software problem with ectune itself IMHO.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Sorry for the late repsonse this is due to some personal stuff that happend lately. But anyway, Still having the poblem that my ostrich keeps unpairing. A friend of my also has ectune so whe used his ostrich to tune my car and to see if we get the same problems that I'm having. So al that has changed is the ostrich and the laptop The result is that the ostrich hasn't lost its program an works fine so far. Also a thing i've noticed is that when he connects to his otstrich the ostrich keeps its program. With my own ostrich it loses its program every time i connect with it. So long story short is that I probably have a defective ostrich or there is something wrong with my laptop. Hopefully I will have some time left this weekend so that I can see what my ostrich serial will do when I connect is to my different usb ports I will keep you all informed

ricardo_v

Post by ricardo_v »

Well my laptop chrashed so I had to reinstall everything again. Hopefully i can see if it's an issue with my laptop or my ostrich

ASI828277

Re: Ostrich suddenly unpaired

Post by ASI828277 »

ricardo_v wrote:
Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 am
Hi everyone im new to using ectune myself and just got this problem when i wanted to fiddle aroud. I got my ectune pro version about 5 months ago and made sure it all worked together and there were no problems but i hadn't tryed it in my car due tue circumstances until yesterday. At first no problems when in connected the ostrich the status bar also said it was connected and it was green. Then i plugged in the ostrich on to the ecu and i got the check engine light burning because i forgot to disable some sensors. Then when i wanted to reconnect ectune with the ostrich it said that it was different from the one i was using and i couldn't upload my cal's anymore. Since then i'm waiting for a new license. Did i do somthing wrong? or is this some sort of bug?
Okay