datalogger not recording AFR

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

SpoolinSol
http://phpbb3styles.net

datalogger not recording AFR

Post by SpoolinSol »

Finally decided to start tuning AFR for much higher boost on the new engine. I go out datalogging and doing pulls in the morning and when I hit 'record' it starts filling in cells for low cam, but wouldn't fill in values for hi cam. I go home, think I figured out that I actually had vtec disabled, so I set the crossover RPM and go out to datalog some more. Now when I press 'record' the timer will start, and all of my real time values/AFRs will be displayed but my cells won't record any values. I wasn't looking at the laptop for a while, just driving around, and then I looked and it had filled in some cells, but then stopped recording. Usually I will have someone else drive and make a few pulls, I'll adjust the map, clear my cells, hit record again, repeat. But now it will only randomly fill in cells for a short time, then won't record anymore. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Maybe you have to lower the amount of samples. (sample update delay)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

SpoolinSol

Post by SpoolinSol »

though about that. i guess the default was '4', and after i started having issues i changed it to '20' (options > setting > dattalogging comm > samplerate) and it made no immediate change, so i set it back to '4'

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

to lower the amount
In the overlay tab!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

SpoolinSol

Post by SpoolinSol »

Gaskleppie wrote:
to lower the amount
In the overlay tab!
gotcha, found it now, unfortunately my lc-1 is toasted (I was renting one from a guy in town), when I buy a new one I'll give that a shot. my settings in 'overlay advance options' were '3', '200', '150'

kyhatch01

Post by kyhatch01 »

i had a prob like that it was my gear settings and ect temp setting my car did not run that hot so i lowered the temp and bang good as new hope this helps

SpoolinSol

Post by SpoolinSol »

kyhatch01 wrote:i had a prob like that it was my gear settings and ect temp setting my car did not run that hot so i lowered the temp and bang good as new hope this helps
it was only recording to the overlay over a certain ECT value? could be my issue since my car runs cold as hell with the 2" aluminum radiator...

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

SpoolinSol wrote:
kyhatch01 wrote:i had a prob like that it was my gear settings and ect temp setting my car did not run that hot so i lowered the temp and bang good as new hope this helps
it was only recording to the overlay over a certain ECT value? could be my issue since my car runs cold as hell with the 2" aluminum radiator...
yeah, you shouldn't tune unless the engine reaches operating temp though; try to heat it up before driving... do you have a thermostat in the car? worse comes to worse you will need to turn down the ECT requirement, but I believe the tune won't be as on as it should be if you have to do that.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

SpoolinSol

Post by SpoolinSol »

JaredKaragen wrote:
SpoolinSol wrote:
yeah, you shouldn't tune unless the engine reaches operating temp though; try to heat it up before driving... do you have a thermostat in the car? worse comes to worse you will need to turn down the ECT requirement, but I believe the tune won't be as on as it should be if you have to do that.
yea, it has a thermostat, but this damn 2" aluminum radiator and coolllldddd michigan weather make this thing get colder and colder the more I run it haha. I'd rather do 4th gear pulls and get 'too much' airflow to the rad than do 3rd gear pulls and not get as good of a log. I checked my Overlay AFR settings and it was at 174-282, so I'll try adjusting the ECT settings next time I get a wideband on it, thx guys

2kCivicSi

Post by 2kCivicSi »

There are different thermostats open temperatures available thru Napa... you should change out for the highest value you can find to combat your radiator cooling efficiency.. or, during wintertimes, do like the truckers do and put a piece of cardboard or thin sheet of steel or aluminum in front to cut down the airflow thru the radiator. I have a similar problem with my fluidyne radiator.. when the car is hot & I take off hard, the temps drop quickly...

SpoolinSol

Post by SpoolinSol »

2kCivicSi wrote:There are different thermostats open temperatures available thru Napa... you should change out for the highest value you can find to combat your radiator cooling efficiency.. or, during wintertimes, do like the truckers do and put a piece of cardboard or thin sheet of steel or aluminum in front to cut down the airflow thru the radiator. I have a similar problem with my fluidyne radiator.. when the car is hot & I take off hard, the temps drop quickly...
yea, i haven't changed the t-stat since i've owned the car (3 years) and i've meant to put cardboard infront of the rad, i'm just lazy :?