More advanced features of tuning

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

co1simba
http://phpbb3styles.net

More advanced features of tuning

Post by co1simba »

Hey guys I just wanted to say that eCtune is amazing when compared to freeware. I also really like the help options/features offered in the program. However, I am sad to see that not all of the topics have information in them. I would really like to know how some of these features work and how to tune for them. What I am trying to say is, I'm trying to learn to my best knowledge and am looking for resources on how to control features such as tip-in, anti-start device, lean protection, etc... Stuff that you really don't go over during just A/F and ignition tuning. Can anyone send me some info, or some links that can help me out with this stuff? Thanks again

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

A lot of the features have been discusses on the forum here. Maybe you could get enough info about them here on the forum?

borat

Post by borat »

The documentation for eCtune is severely lacking. I realize that calvin is quite busy, but the docs are in the same basic state they were in from the moment they were posted, which is about 1.5 years now if I'm not mistaken. I've said before that clear, concise documentation would really separate eCtune from everyone else, but no one really seems to care. I'm sure a lot of us on here work in technical fields. Just imagine if a company released a product like a programming language with the same minimal amount of documentation eCtune has. No one would use it! Sure there's tons of info on here, but who wants to go digging through hundreds of posts when every function should be explained in the help file, or online documentation? The forums should be for discussions about tuning techniques, not basic things like \"what is this field for? there's no entry in the docs\". I say we push to get the docs finished. I would even help! If half the regulars on here would volunteer to fill in the missing spots, it would take no time at all!
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I don't have much free time and don't know how everything works (still a lot I haven't played with) but I can find sometime and would be willing to help put something together on the things I do know.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Almighty-Si wrote:I don't have much free time and don't know how everything works (still a lot I haven't played with) but I can find sometime and would be willing to help put something together on the things I do know.
Correct
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I offered a while back to help. Still willing to pitch in.. Just lemme know calvin..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin

Post by calvin »

you are more then welcome
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

lets work on it guys too bad im a noob lol

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

I'd love to help any way I can, I'm sure I could add a few things I've learned.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

maybe something like wikipedia wherein everyone can pitch in on different topics and calvin can just edit the parts and come up with a final version....there's still a few parts i don't know about ectune like what are frames and interval on the sensor data means....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

calvin

Post by calvin »

was thinking about the same

nate

Post by nate »

calvin wrote:was thinking about the same
So we should bring a eCtune Wiki online? Post up if you are willing to contribute to it....
eCtune Team

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I'll pitch in on a wiki.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by FACETUNED »

Bugermass wrote:I'll pitch in on a wiki.
x2
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

kyhatch01

Post by kyhatch01 »

so is it going to happen im drooling