Problem Starting Car..Possible problem with Ectune?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by FACETUNED »

map sensor ground :roll:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

haha, I was gonna post that it sounded like the map sensor was pegged out, but somone else posted for him to check before i did lol.. i've seen that happen many times with the GM 3 Bar, the little connectors come loose, or the customer wires it in wrong and it reads full boost all the time. No CEL but car runs like poopoo..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by FACETUNED »

Bugermass wrote:haha, I was gonna post that it sounded like the map sensor was pegged out, but somone else posted for him to check before i did lol.. i've seen that happen many times with the GM 3 Bar, the little connectors come loose, or the customer wires it in wrong and it reads full boost all the time. No CEL but car runs like poopoo..
exactly what happened. its good now im glad it wasnt anything else but usually when a car runs pig rich the way it was described first thing i look for is Map Sensor.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Since I figured it out first I think I should get some sort of MVP reward banner or a dealers liscence for a week! lol jk

Aladar

Post by Aladar »

Aiye, i looked at it the first time near the sensor itself. But i failed to look downstream in the wires to find that the ground wire was pulled apart. :wink: so yea...done deal