MSGID 002h Update/Vista/Update Problems/Old Version

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

as i explain if every you date was wrong ectune will remember that. As i told you earlier ectune expires 3/25/2009 as seen in reg info. Yours expires a few days earlier so you the date was ever not correct. I normally release an update just before it expires so you will always be without ectune for a few days until reinstall
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

DyeceDic73

Post by DyeceDic73 »

Thanks for replying. Did you just use the vista forceware drivers they had and just replaced the inf?

groottAnync

Post by groottAnync »

Software isnt an issue with vista. It still runs all the same software. It only dropped support for old 16 bit applications. You know the software from the Windows 95 days. So software compatibility with Vista isnt a problem.

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

So I'm having a mess of problems making eCtune work on my new Windows 7 netbook. I have UAC disabled but I still have numerous issues. I get this message \"Moo2H Old Version!\" so I try to run the Forced Updates and I get \"Web Update Failed with Error: Access to Path 'C:\\program files\\ectune\\\\\\ectune.chm is denied\" Can someone help?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Are you running it as administrator?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Yes, I am. I managed to figure it out with a buddy. He helped me by looking over permissions and UAC and a reboot and it worked. Thank you for your reply Jared!

extreme-eg

Post by extreme-eg »

pandorasbox wrote:So I'm having a mess of problems making eCtune work on my new Windows 7 netbook. I have UAC disabled but I still have numerous issues. I get this message "Moo2H Old Version!" so I try to run the Forced Updates and I get "Web Update Failed with Error: Access to Path 'C:\\program files\\ectune\\\\\\ectune.chm is denied" Can someone help?
Im having this exact problem on a new Notebook running Windows 7. Does this UAC problem in Vista apply to Windows 7 as well ?? Im brand new to this - so need some guidance please
93 Honda Civic - 10.00 @ 153 95 Honda Civic - B20Vtec Turbo Street car

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

yes
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada