MSGID 002h Update/Vista/Update Problems/Old Version

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

MSGID 002h Update/Vista/Update Problems/Old Version

Post by calvin »

user, I have done a lot of trouble shooting lately. -UAC If you get MSGID002H after install if you are on vista make SURE THAT UAC is disabled. User account control. http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm -Date Double check your date. if your date was a few months/day a head ever when launched eCtune.eCtune will remember that date in the future and putting the date correct won't help. A full OS windows reinstall is required. Please don't play with your date. -Exp date Every end of the month a disclosed that eCtune will expire and a simple force update is required. We always try to release an update version before the expire date. It's not needed to post that eCtune will expire If i have more tips i'll post them here
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

borat

Post by borat »

I had no idea that messing with the system clock would require a full reinstall of windows. Would it be possible to add this as a warning during force update / install? I'd hate for someone else to make the same mistake.
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

it's the encryption software i use for encrypting the file. That's it. Sorry.. Playing with date is trying to crack the software. putting you date backwards doesn't do anything. it just remembers the last max date. Putting it into future will kill you.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

What if youve never messed with the systems clock and you get this message and the UAC is disabled? I havent touched the systems clock and its right. Ive noticed this...\"ectune.exe\" not found. Image

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

this is normal. ectune.exe is not found in the list of running process because ectune is not running. this utility checks and kill ectune.exe process so the update can take place.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Taskkil is used to kill the task eCtune. If eCtune is still running while updating, can cause error's or failures...

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Gotcha, thanks for the input. I guess im going to try reinstalling my operating system to try to get rid of the MSGID002H problem. Im still not understanding why this is happening though. Has anyone else had this problem and have not touched the systems clock? This hasn't happened until this month for me.

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Ok, first, I just bought a laptop today especially for running ectune. I installed from the download link on the front page, got the .net upgrade and it updated itself to a newer version. I am still getting the old version message in the thread. Am I doing all of this for nothing? It seems that when something goes wrong with ectune you cant do anything. I havent even bought it yet and I cant get it to do anything. The laptop has XP pro service pack 3 2.66ghz processor 512mb ram. Should I go with another program? Granted Cr**e may not be the best, but ive always been able to open it. MantisX

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

MantisX wrote:Ok, first, I just bought a laptop today especially for running ectune. I installed from the download link on the front page, got the .net upgrade and it updated itself to a newer version. I am still getting the old version message in the thread.
Do you mean the warning that ectune will expire in less than 1 week or something like that? If so that is normal, force update downloads the version off of the server and installs it. If you just downloaded the program and then updated chances are you just updated to the same version. The update for this month hasn't been release yet I believe.

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

stenseltizm wrote:
MantisX wrote:Ok, first, I just bought a laptop today especially for running ectune. I installed from the download link on the front page, got the .net upgrade and it updated itself to a newer version. I am still getting the old version message in the thread.
Do you mean the warning that ectune will expire in less than 1 week or something like that? If so that is normal, force update downloads the version off of the server and installs it. If you just downloaded the program and then updated chances are you just updated to the same version. The update for this month hasn't been release yet I believe.
He is getting the same problem i am. No matter what we do we can't open the current version because its stating that its old. We obviously can't open the newer version because its not out, so we are stuck with nothing. We cant open eCtune

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Hi, I havent gotten any warning about any expiration. I doubleclick the ectune.exe and I get the error ive attached to this post. It tells me to run forceupdate and I do but it keeps looping telling me old version, run update. The application wont even open. I cant see me buying something that doesnt even open after a first install. I know nothing about the creator, but he seems to be under the impression that its a clock/date issue. How is this possible when I just got the laptop? Thanks MantisX Do you mean the warning that ectune will expire in less than 1 week or something like that? If so that is normal, force update downloads the version off of the server and installs it. If you just downloaded the program and then updated chances are you just updated to the same version. The update for this month hasn't been release yet I believe.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (8.84 KiB) Viewed 15549 times

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

have you read the first post ? You NEED to have administrator privilege under vista to run eCtune. maybe you dont know how to give yourself administrator right, and that cause the problem.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

stenseltizm

Post by stenseltizm »

MantisX wrote:The laptop has XP pro service pack 3 2.66ghz processor 512mb ram.
he isn't running vista

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

stenseltizm wrote:
MantisX wrote:The laptop has XP pro service pack 3 2.66ghz processor 512mb ram.
he isn't running vista
still need to be administrator.

J. Mills

Post by J. Mills »

Synoptic wrote: still need to be administrator.
Im running Vista, its set as administrator, and the UCA is disabled. I still get the same thing MantisX is getting. Its not a clock problem either.