still locked out after update

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

borat
http://phpbb3styles.net

still locked out after update

Post by borat »

Still having the same problem from this thread http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1686. I think this all started because I changed my clock settings earlier today to see if that would unlock ectune so I could datalog on my way home (having lean issues). I set the clock back to the right times, ran force update, it says it updated to r7, but still gives me the \"Lock System\" dialog box when I try to run the program. Things I have already tried: 0. Made sure my clock settings were correct, still locked 1. Force update, still locked 2. Uninstalled, deleted ectune directory from program files, reinstalled (it automatically does force update on reinstall), still locked 3. Uninstalled, searched HD and registry for any instances of \"ectune\" or \"in4tec\", removed any files or registry keys, reinstalled, still locked Help!
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (23.86 KiB) Viewed 2794 times
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: still locked out after update

Post by calvin »

borat wrote:Still having the same problem from this thread http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1686. I think this all started because I changed my clock settings earlier today to see if that would unlock ectune so I could datalog on my way home (having lean issues). I set the clock back to the right times, ran force update, it says it updated to r7, but still gives me the "Lock System" dialog box when I try to run the program. Things I have already tried: 0. Made sure my clock settings were correct, still locked 1. Force update, still locked 2. Uninstalled, deleted ectune directory from program files, reinstalled (it automatically does force update on reinstall), still locked 3. Uninstalled, searched HD and registry for any instances of "ectune" or "in4tec", removed any files or registry keys, reinstalled, still locked Help!
I will remain locked to which date did you change it?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

borat

Post by borat »

Well, I just realized I was a complete idiot and set it for 2 or 3 months AHEAD, not 2 months BACK like I should have... ugh, long day yesterday. So I set it for March or April 29th, 2009.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

I have very bad new you will have to reinstall windows or try a restore to older restore point windows makes
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

I have very bad new you will have to reinstall windows or try a restore to older restore point windows makes

borat

Post by borat »

:roll: That's what I was afraid of. Not happy. :x