How save .cal file as binary file to burn into 27C256 eprom

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jmmrizzo
http://phpbb3styles.net

How save .cal file as binary file to burn into 27C256 eprom

Post by jmmrizzo »

Hey Guys, I am facing a problem when I tried to burn a 27c256 eprom with new configuration tuned with ECtune. I used Chrome as performance tune and started ECTune today. Everything got OK during the calibration and even better performance comparing with Chrome tools. BUT, I could not save .cal file as binary file... when you choose FILE, than ECTune didn't list SAVE AS BINARY.. it is not allowed (see picture attached).. wondering why this is happening. Also, I tried to burn a chip using Willen Pro but no sucess also... I notice that .cal has 9kb and normal .bin generated by Chrome have 32kb. so I got check engine using .cal How can I generate a binary file using .cal file? OR.. Is there any other way to burn a chip using .cal? PS: I have ECtune PRO version 0.0.2.2 R8 Thanks
Attachments
ECtune.JPG
ECtune.JPG (46.3 KiB) Viewed 4585 times

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Only authorized eCtune dealers can burn chips. You must use your own ostrich for your vehicle.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

elevation

Post by elevation »

No way to burn chips with Pro version. You must use a ostrich
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

jmmrizzo

Post by jmmrizzo »

Yes, I saw this and many others threads as friend above said... :roll: I had just went to all topics reading before I posted something...and In fact I thought I had Tuner version.. that's the deal... ok, so I don't have the tool I want it on my hands, I own a company in Brazil (Way Motorsport Performance) where I use to prepare performance cars (all motors and Turbos).. mainly for Honda.. I belong to an Honda's forum called Hondaclub in Brazil. I used Chrome on this job but we have discussed in Hondaclub forum about ECtune and I decided to try it. First experience was very greatfull and I would like to keep working with this tool. SO, How Can I AND if I can be a Brazilian ECTune Tuner? Thanks again

jmmrizzo

Post by jmmrizzo »

elevation wrote:No way to burn chips with Pro version. You must use a ostrich
This is the problem, here in Brazil usually we burn chips... lol.. as I do it with Chrome...anyway, let's see if I can become a Authorized Tuner .

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

ok, email calvin. He can set you up with being an authorized eCtune dealer, and that will be more up your alley... but I suggest making sure you have enough business to want to use eCtune
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Calvin has the specifics, but its something to the effect of initial purchase, then you pay a small amount for each new car to tune. IIRC you get X amount of 'free' cars per month, then buy more. I've seen several 'business models' from others since he chose to never replay to my inquiry. Its not like Crome where $150 (or $450 if you were nice) does a million cars. Its much cheaper than S300 though.