will changing RAM affect ectune?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

butch11a
http://phpbb3styles.net

will changing RAM affect ectune?

Post by butch11a »

i'd like to change my laptop's ram and i'm not sure if it will affect ectune?
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

relic1

Post by relic1 »

RAM should have nothing to do with the eCtune license or the program itself.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

borat

Post by borat »

relic1 wrote:RAM should have nothing to do with the eCtune license or the program itself.
I would be surprised if that were true. I resized a partition on my hard drive once, and that forced me to get a new license. eCtune knows a lot about the hardware that's running when the license is requested, it would seem. I haven't heard what happens when you change RAM though, let us know! A new license is easy to get if it does get screwed up, just email calvin and tell him what happened.
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

i did a 2Gb upgrade on my laptop and had to get a renew on my activation once...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

just got my laptop back after 2 weeks at the shop, they've replaced the video card and i hope this one lasts....luckily, i ran ectune and i still got the pro version....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

ANY hardware change will cause a new harware ID to be generated by windows.. This hardware ID is what your eCtune liscence is based on and any change will cause you to have to request an updated liscence.. USB deivces generally won't cause a hardware ID change, but somtimes they can.. usually like external HDDs can cause this but not always.. Its kinda a gamble with USB stuff. Best thing is if your tuning alot, just have 1 laptop thats not gonna change dedicated for tuning.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262