P30 Knock Sensor

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

HiProfile
http://phpbb3styles.net

P30 Knock Sensor

Post by HiProfile »

Can eCtune read/display the knock sensor voltage? I just got a cheap Del Sol VTEC, so I have a P30 I can use instead of my P05. However I saw in another thread the knock raw voltage won't be displayed in the PRO version. Can I still read & view the knock sensor's output? I recall seeing it in the graph view template before, that's what puzzles me. BTW I know its not very useful, but I know what I'm looking at regarding raw voltages. I've done a LOT of research into knock sensing itself, and was inches from buying a the knock sensor datalogger made for Megasquirt. I can't imagine the P30 working much worse, and would save me >$100. I also don't want to hook up a det can each time for minor stuff.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I wouldn't try to use the knock stuff.. The knock detetction is very OVER sensative on the OBDI ecus and will have you way off target if you go by it..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Well I'm hoping it will display the raw voltage, not the knock count. I wouldn't use it as front line defense, just supplement my tuning. I was thinking about getting a baseline with conservative timing, then adding timing & check for any obvious spikes. Its a motor I built myself recently, and even with the forged parts its quiet for a d16 (as far as audable noise). Worst case scenario is some time spent swapping the sensor, and me going back to the cheap ecu. I was planning on using some special shielded wire I have that's worked amazing for other things, which should help reduce any electrical noise.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

its not the sensor or the wiring, its the knock board thats the problem..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262