weird idle problem with pt 880's

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sj-performance
http://phpbb3styles.net

weird idle problem with pt 880's

Post by sj-performance »

I have had the same problem for sometime, I just cant get my car to idle properly..... The car will only idle without bucking and poping when I have it extremly rich like in the 11-12afr anything higher and it starts to misfire... I have tried every combo with the battery offsets,egt and iat...when the fan comes on it will idle fine untill it shuts off, and its not just me I have a couple friends that are good at tuning and it leaves them scrathing there heads.... So far I have checked everyhing mechanical,made new ecu, new conversion harness,grounds, sent the injectors back to p.t and had them checked and cleaned etc etc.... I have no clue as to why it is doing this maybe I am missing something... I am using 880cc precision injectors,boosted b18c,gm 3 bar map, 255 walbroh pump, aeromotive regulator... Please help.....The only thing I havent really checked was the pump, I do have an extra but the fuel pressure looks good......

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

my fuel pressure is at 42 psi I tried to lower the fuel pressur to 32 psi but I havent had a chance to try it..... Anybody using the 880s what pressure do you have them set

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

up it to 52
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

Thanks Calvin. Is that with the vacuum line off or on????

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

Looks like I got it ....... so far I lowered the fuel pressure and losened up my valve lash a bit.....I haven't had time to tune it properly but I did get it to idle at 15afr with the odd pop.. next I will start a new tune from scratch then try to raise the fuel pressure and see how it goes.

hackish
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by hackish »

With the vacuum line off they should be set to 43.5 psi. -Michael
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

I will give it a try.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

some injectors just suck at lower duty cycles.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin

Post by calvin »

yeah
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

BlindFashion

Post by BlindFashion »

Bugermass wrote:some injectors just suck at lower duty cycles.
Yep. I have to idle my 1000's at 11 - 11.5 or else it wont idle under 1200 without poping.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

its not gonna hurt anything to let it pop.. Id rahter have the poping than run it really rich for a smooth idle..
Last edited by Bugermass on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Bugermass wrote:its gonna gonna hurt anything to let it pop.. Id rahter have the poping than run it really rich for a smooth idle..
+1 As long as the car is not shutting off or wanting to die a little popping is better than 11.5 a/fs at idle. You do not want to wash the cylinder walls down with gas and possibly cause damage.
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

BlindFashion

Post by BlindFashion »

Adam Hopkins wrote:
Bugermass wrote:its gonna gonna hurt anything to let it pop.. Id rahter have the poping than run it really rich for a smooth idle..
+1 As long as the car is not shutting off or wanting to die a little popping is better than 11.5 a/fs at idle. You do not want to wash the cylinder walls down with gas and possibly cause damage.
Bah, Its really really hard to wash cylinders down, andd 11:1 wont do it. 40k and 4 raced years later I've never had my bottom end apart and in the winter she idles right at 11:1 Doesnt eat oil or smoke. 693WHP