how to set decel fuel cut?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by civic4g »

calvin wrote:did u test with the latest rar I send to you?(0.0.2.3r1)
I didn't received it, send it again please.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

send
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

I have a log and a cal I can send you of getting the oxygen sensor mil during a fuel cut. Its only done it once to me thus far. Also, my motor has around 500mbar of manifold pressure at a 1000rpm idle. I have delta reground cams that are .455\" lift with about 230 duration at .050\". This makes it hard to get fuel cut to work right from 2300rpm and below. My head was milled a bit and I have stock cam gears. How much pressure should I have at idle with a cam of this size? Should it be pulling more vacuum?

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

dbsharp wrote:I have a log and a cal I can send you of getting the oxygen sensor mil during a fuel cut. Its only done it once to me thus far.
I enabled decel fuel cut two days ago and I have got a code 1, three times during a long decel. It clears when key is off. It runs awesome though. Very smooth transition in and out of fuel cut. Here's the tune. On a p28 with stock MAP sensor, windows vista.
Attachments
quasitooned7DL.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

what do u mean you \"enabled\" it?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

I made it so decel fuel cut is working. I had it disabled so I could tune those parts of the fuel map.

calvin

Post by calvin »

naturalalloy wrote:I made it so decel fuel cut is working. I had it disabled so I could tune those parts of the fuel map.
can you send me a log where it happens the Error code and the cal? i'll try to simulate the conditions on the engine sim.

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

calvin wrote:
naturalalloy wrote:I made it so decel fuel cut is working. I had it disabled so I could tune those parts of the fuel map.
can you send me a log where it happens the Error code and the cal? i'll try to simulate the conditions on the engine sim.
Sure, I was planning on doing a little tuning today anyway. I'll try to catch it on a log file but it doesn't happen very often. I'm not sure if it matters, but I used to get this code sometimes when I was on uberdata with the same p28.

darkb16a1

Post by darkb16a1 »

dbsharp wrote:I have a log and a cal I can send you of getting the oxygen sensor mil during a fuel cut. Its only done it once to me thus far. Also, my motor has around 500mbar of manifold pressure at a 1000rpm idle. I have delta reground cams that are .455" lift with about 230 duration at .050". This makes it hard to get fuel cut to work right from 2300rpm and below. My head was milled a bit and I have stock cam gears. How much pressure should I have at idle with a cam of this size? Should it be pulling more vacuum?
Same problem here - B16A2 and P30 JDM Ecu. I made some research and found out that the fuelcut in latest version actually doesn't work for me at all - fuelcut does not enable even with 0%TPS and ~100 mbar vacuum(set to enable below 5%tps and 200 mbar). I tried to adjust the values for tps and mbar, disable and enable the fuelcut by "disable" checkbox, no change. The error code1 is caused by the inproper tune of column 1 -this is where ECU reads values if fuelcut does not enable and you are off the throttle. If these values are set too high, lambda will quickly ruun into very rich reading when off the throttle. These sudden readings from normal AF ratio to very rich also happen when the sensor is damaged - and that's why you are getting error code 1. Quick solution? Tune the column1 properly. This will help even if fuelcut does not work for you too. Calvin, did you get other reports from users that the fuelcut does not enable at all?

calvin

Post by calvin »

darkb16a1 wrote:
dbsharp wrote:I have a log and a cal I can send you of getting the oxygen sensor mil during a fuel cut. Its only done it once to me thus far. Also, my motor has around 500mbar of manifold pressure at a 1000rpm idle. I have delta reground cams that are .455" lift with about 230 duration at .050". This makes it hard to get fuel cut to work right from 2300rpm and below. My head was milled a bit and I have stock cam gears. How much pressure should I have at idle with a cam of this size? Should it be pulling more vacuum?
Same problem here - B16A2 and P30 JDM Ecu. I made some research and found out that the fuelcut in latest version actually doesn't work for me at all - fuelcut does not enable even with 0%TPS and ~100 mbar vacuum(set to enable below 5%tps and 200 mbar). I tried to adjust the values for tps and mbar, disable and enable the fuelcut by "disable" checkbox, no change. The error code1 is caused by the inproper tune of column 1 -this is where ECU reads values if fuelcut does not enable and you are off the throttle. If these values are set too high, lambda will quickly ruun into very rich reading when off the throttle. These sudden readings from normal AF ratio to very rich also happen when the sensor is damaged - and that's why you are getting error code 1. Quick solution? Tune the column1 properly. This will help even if fuelcut does not work for you too. Calvin, did you get other reports from users that the fuelcut does not enable at all?
No i did not. I tested on the sim for quite some time. I can simulate condition you would not get in car. There i saw that it wasn't working correctly. It's now truly MAP based. I the prev 63 there was a bug that the map value was messed up. I can post a few logs

calvin

Post by calvin »

civic 4g Please test fcut with latest force update release.

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

darkb16a1 wrote: The error code1 is caused by the inproper tune of column 1 -this is where ECU reads values if fuelcut does not enable and you are off the throttle. If these values are set too high, lambda will quickly ruun into very rich reading when off the throttle. These sudden readings from normal AF ratio to very rich also happen when the sensor is damaged - and that's why you are getting error code 1.
How can it be from a tuning issue if there is no closed loop feedback from the O2? I have had this code several times and have never run an O2 sensor. Always had closed loop and heater disabled in the managment too.

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

hey ,my fuel cut was playin up on decel and transition from load to decel. tonight i took my FITV off and took it to bits , theres a little plastic valve seat thing that had unscrewed a bit, tightened it up and now it works perfect, must of been a tiny vaccum leak the whole time which was affected the switch to fuel cut, just thought i would mention as its somthin else to try . :D

darkb16a1

Post by darkb16a1 »

calvin wrote: No i did not. I tested on the sim for quite some time. I can simulate condition you would not get in car. There i saw that it wasn't working correctly. It's now truly MAP based. I the prev 63 there was a bug that the map value was messed up. I can post a few logs
Ok, I did another pull today. Fuelcut set to enable below 231 mbar and below 5%tps. In the attached log you can see that when I'm off the throttle, the vacuum is around 120mbar and 0% tps, but fuelcut does not enable. Updated the ectune via force update before I tested this so uptodate version. .CAL and LOG files are available here: http://www.dark-cz.com/temp/nocut.zip

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

civic 4g Please test fcut with latest force update release.
I've broke my short shifter, in the next few days I'll not be able to test fuel cut. Sorry