I got a MIL Code 1, O2 sensor voltage error

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

2bfi
http://phpbb3styles.net

I got a MIL Code 1, O2 sensor voltage error

Post by 2bfi »

Tonight was the second time I got a CEL code #1. O2 sensor voltage too high or too low. The first time was a couple of weeks ago. It happened after letting off the throttle during high rpm run (7,000-7,500 rpm). The car runs fine even with the CEL on. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can't replicate the conditions that trigger it. The CEL doesn't reappear after shutting off & restarting the engine. However it stays in memory and comes out with the \"KOEO, step on throttle\" routine. I'm using a PLX M Series Wideband & JDM P30 ECU. eCtune has closeloop disabled in both Settings and Parameters/Closeloop. It doesn't seem to make any sense, isn't eCtune in control of interpreting O2 sensor voltage? Unless there is a routine built into the program to trigger code #1?

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

What rom version are you using? I would not freak out about this, it should not be causing any problems with your car. If it comes up again then I would just continue to clear the code. I have had this happen on 1 customers car and not ever again. I think it might be an issue with wiring/ ground/ electrical system freaking out. There is no way to tell for sure what is causing it but I would try to update to the next rom version when it became available and it might solve your issues.
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I'm using v .63

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

It happened again today. I caught it on datalogging. Unfortunately the log file is 4MB. The MIL went on after a prolonged deceleration. Fuel cut was active and O2 sensor voltage was 3.84V. Lambda offset correction is -0.04.

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Send it to Calvin attached with your cal. It might be a while before he can get to look at it but in the mean time just keep clearing the code. Make sure you tell him at what time the CEL comes on so he does not have to watch 4 MB worth of data to find it.
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Strangely enough, I have seen this happening on few (but definitely not all) customers I have running in open-loop. I have not known this to affect AFR in any way, but it is strange none the less. Apparantly there´s a little bit of code left over that can trigger the CEL 1 with closedloop disabled. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I have this problem on 1 car out of over 100+ that I've tuned lol.. Not sure why it is doing it but it doesn't really affect anything ...
Last edited by Bugermass on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

It has to be some weird electrical feedback on the wiring maybe?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Man I must be on crack tonight, I've had to go back and edit all my posts from tonight cause I was typeing weird out of order words and what not lol.. damn A.D.D . . .
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I sent my cal and datalog file to Calvin. He'll take a look at it when time permits.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

am also currently experiencing this phenomenon.
Jeff Augusta GA 88 CRX JRSC B16

calvin

Post by calvin »

2bfi wrote:It happened again today. I caught it on datalogging. Unfortunately the log file is 4MB. The MIL went on after a prolonged deceleration. Fuel cut was active and O2 sensor voltage was 3.84V. Lambda offset correction is -0.04.
send it to me please
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I'm posting my cal and log file here. Again, I was decelerating when the CEL went on. When I retreived the error code, it was code #1. The error comes out at 2 minutes 51.850 seconds of the datalog file.
Attachments
2009-2-28 test 8 lo cam.cal
This was my calibration when the CEL went on.
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
2009-03-15 lo cam.elf
This is the log file.
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 166 times

combz

Post by combz »

i have datalogsd og this happening too. it has not happened in about 2 months..for a while it was happening alot. I dont know if its temperature related, sounds dumb, but thats about the only thing that has changed about my tune..is intake temps. ill post logs.
Attachments
3BarMap750ccGt3076r63arTimingDizzyInMiddle_timingchanges_oct12.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
o2sewnsorcomingonfornoreasoncloseloopdisabled.elf
(265.45 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
o2sensoronbuto2isdisabeled.elf
(28.35 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

It happened again tonight.