will ectune have problems with AEM IAT sensor?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

combz
http://phpbb3styles.net

will ectune have problems with AEM IAT sensor?

Post by combz »

I am just wondering if ectune will have any difficulties for some reason reading the AEM 30-2010 Intake IAT temp sensor?

combz

Post by combz »

are the resistance values of the AEM one going to be different? i have the resistance to temp conversion table AEM provides?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

well, if you zero out your upper temp range for IAT.. then just tune it... if you notice anything out of the ordinary on a cold startup that is just left sitting, then you can tune it out if different... It may be different.. I would imagine possibly so.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

rschoener
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by rschoener »

I am going to try one on our turbo car. Just like Jared said I'm just going to zero out the current settings and re adjust.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

combz

Post by combz »

i was just wondering if perhaps there could be something like there is for widebands where you input voltage corrections based on the wideband lookuptable the manufacturer provides. But its AEM, its not like there are 15 different reputable IAT sensors out there. Might be good to have a choice for IAT type? i dont know.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

perhaps it cannot have a table like that
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

combz

Post by combz »

huh? can you explain that a bit more calvin?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Perhaps he means that its way to deep in the software to be able to change it and its not worth it. There are already to types of oem honda iat sensors. Choose the one you like and use that one. The place to put the IAT sensor is way more important then the sensor it selves.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

combz

Post by combz »

okay i see what you mean. but he's calvin he can do anything? haha, but i mean its a sweet sensor..it comes with an aluminum weld bung, and the sensor is threaded. It's perfect to throw on a car's charge piping or intake manifold. The reason i bought it was because i didn't want to go through the hassel of having to try to get a junk yard to rip and OBD1 sensor and plug off a car. My OBD2 style one is just held in by a rubber grommet, and i cant exactly put that in my charge piping.Not unless i want a boost leak anyways.

nate

Post by nate »

IAT sensors work differently then say a MAP or wideband sensor. These output voltages, while IAT sensors work on resistance. I think that is another factor that complicates things.
eCtune Team

combz

Post by combz »

Calibration for the AEM sensor. Could be useful at some point

Code: Select all

Calibration&#58;  Temp C    Temp F    Resistance &#40;Ohms&#41;  100        212      185  70         158      450  40         104      1.8K  20          68      3.4K  0           32      7.5K  -20         -4      25.0K  -40         -40     100.7K
if the problem is that you cannot find the IAT stuff in the factory obd1 code, then yeah i see a problem. But otherwise it would be like any other thing already setup..you find what the stock values are then you use a scalar table. I'm going to try the sensor anyways, in hopes that most IAT sensors use the same basic resistence conversion chart.(Edit: this is probably a bad idea..i just found out that most OEM sensors use different conversions..i searched online and could not find an OEM honda IAT chart like the AEM one i posted above :( ) I'll also call AEM and ask them a bit more info on it.