still lean

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

vtecmangr
http://phpbb3styles.net

still lean

Post by vtecmangr »

i am having some problems with my bin running ectune on a turbo gsr with pistons rod combo my car is leaning out after 0,6 bar turbo is master power st70 p trim in70 ex96ar 650 siemens deka walbro 255 bennen fuel rail distributor is brand new ordered some 650 presicion injectors but xenocron send me some siemens deka the problem is that with crome gold bin tha car is running very good,no leaning issues so i am guesing i do something wrong i will order some 1000cc injectors just to try but please see in my map if there is something i didnt get runs in idle very well just all the map is rich just when i hit 0.6 it gets lean and whatever i do to the boost portion place this situation dont change thanks in advance
Attachments
arxiko5.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: still lean

Post by xenocron »

vtecmangr wrote: ordered some 650 presicion injectors but xenocron send me some siemens deka
just so you are aware, the Precision 650cc (High Imp) are Seimens injectors :) Hop back online, Im on MSN right now :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

vtecmangr

Re: still lean

Post by vtecmangr »

xenocron wrote:
vtecmangr wrote: ordered some 650 presicion injectors but xenocron send me some siemens deka
just so you are aware, the Precision 650cc (High Imp) are Seimens injectors :) Hop back online, Im on MSN right now :)
i didnt said that the injectors are the problem 8) if it was then the car wouldnt run ok in crome just i think is my fault and my new injectors that i will buy will be from you 8)

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

up

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

first of all. you have fuel values of 6000 FV. that is not good. I would recommend starting with a new map. tuning the car below boost esp. column 10 and run the boost table setup fuel 120% over it.
Attachments
arxiko5.cal
modded
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

thanks calvin for the reply fuel values were maxed out,just to ensure that i will not have lean issues through boosting and protect the engine,i used 180% fuel next week when i return home and can try i will try your map and will use the new injectors i gave ordered

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Still lean? Do you have a B&M fuel regulator? I have seen at least 10 of them broken with these kinds of problems as a result.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

Gaskleppie wrote:Still lean? Do you have a B&M fuel regulator? I have seen at least 10 of them broken with these kinds of problems as a result.
no,no BM fuel regulator,so yes even with this amount of fuel was lean also the fuel pressure at idle is 4 bar and at wot 5 bar i didnt try the map cause i dont have the car right now living in a diferent country i will also try a new wb with the new rc's that i bought

calvin

Post by calvin »

Only thing i think of. Fuel pump maybe a Chinese Walbro? Or a broken FPR. I think fuel pressure is dropping at certain boost. e.g. Base fuel Pres+Amt(full throttle) Press+boost so 42 base pres psi with hose disconnect 40 pres psi with hose connected(idle) 42+7(psi boost) = 49 psi. Something most go wrong. Maybe run a line from gauge(inside car) to fuel filter to monitor FPR under boost.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

calvin wrote:Only thing i think of. Fuel pump maybe a Chinese Walbro? Or a broken FPR. I think fuel pressure is dropping at certain boost. e.g. Base fuel Pres+Amt(full throttle) Press+boost so 42 base pres psi with hose disconnect 40 pres psi with hose connected(idle) 42+7(psi boost) = 49 psi. Something most go wrong. Maybe run a line from gauge(inside car) to fuel filter to monitor FPR under boost.
i will try this aso and bring a fp gauge into the cabin also the walbro is boughted from chris so i dont think its a chinese one as soon as i go back to the car i will try all these you have posted thanks

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

excessive richness will cause a lean condition; because an o2 sensor reads oxygen, not unburnt fuel ;) In a sense think of it reading unburnt oxygen =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

JaredKaragen wrote:excessive richness will cause a lean condition; because an o2 sensor reads oxygen, not unburnt fuel ;) In a sense think of it reading unburnt oxygen =)
thanks alan i will also have this in mind, trying to figure out again what hapends

nate

Post by nate »

What do the plugs looks like
eCtune Team

vtecmangr

Post by vtecmangr »

the plugs were brown

elevation

Post by elevation »

lots of times the gauge of wire used @pump come into play.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com