PT 880cc, Part Throttle SUCKS

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

b20beast
http://phpbb3styles.net

PT 880cc, Part Throttle SUCKS

Post by b20beast »

Hello, My car sputters really bad driving at part throttle. Precision 880cc Injectors T3 T4 60 Trim / .63 Hot B16a Stock Internals ITR Cams Car Will not Hold idle, i have to keep my foot on the X. Also if car cuts off, its hard to start back. Can anyone Give me some tips on tuning the injectors?

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

Do you have a wideband?
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Yes a LC1 but it do not read anymore, I put a new sensor in and it just reads lean. The turbo seals are blown, So there is excessive oil burning, im not sure if this causes the bad reading. What do you think

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I do not know how many times this had to be covered before people will understand. You can not tune a car unless EVERYTHING, (not half or all but one) is working 100% correctly. Fix every issue with the car before you even hook a laptop to it. This mean all check engine lights, oil leaks, and any other mechanical issue that may be wrong with your car. My advice would be put stock injectors back in the car with stock computer and get it running correctly before you even attempt to tune. What you are trying to do is exactly the same as saying, \"Well the corn is done and the potatoes are finished, but the meat is not done correctly, lets eat anyways.\" Do you see the flaw in your logic? STOP NOW BEFORE YOU DAMAGE ANOTHER o2 SENSOR AND POSSIBLY YOUR MOTOR.
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

do you think the excessive oil burning could mess up the wideband reading?

turboedd16

Post by turboedd16 »

im not an expert but shooting oil and burnt oil all over your o2 sensor ..yes it will destroy it.
all day every day

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

You can not tune a car unless EVERYTHING, (not half or all but one) is working 100% correctly. Fix every issue with the car before you even hook a laptop to it. This mean all check engine lights, oil leaks, and any other mechanical issue that may be wrong with your car. My advice would be put stock injectors back in the car with stock computer and get it running correctly before you even attempt to tune.
Copy that! Even when you have an idea that something is wrong, search what it is before you start tuning! Last saturday I had the similar thing. I tried everything in the software trying to solve the problem why the car didnt make any real power. After further searching, the cam timing was a tooth off.....
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

x3
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

BlindFashion

Post by BlindFashion »

Wow.. I have PT1000cc injectors on a bone stock b16 and i can idle and partial throttles are just fine. Not even 1 blip.

combz

Post by combz »

it may not be as simple as this... but did you ever think that since your wide band is reading off the charts lean, and it wont idle unless you press the gas...that perhaps.....it needs more FUEL in those regions. It's an obvious question, but have you tried it? Also, was it always like this ? Or did it gradually get worse? Did you tune it? Did you play with the IACV duty cycle?

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

combz wrote:it may not be as simple as this... but did you ever think that since your wide band is reading off the charts lean, and it wont idle unless you press the gas...that perhaps.....it needs more FUEL in those regions. It's an obvious question, but have you tried it? Also, was it always like this ? Or did it gradually get worse? Did you tune it? Did you play with the IACV duty cycle?
\ i have tried to rich map and it will not change afr.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Gaskleppie wrote:Last saturday I had the similar thing. I tried everything in the software trying to solve the problem why the car didnt make any real power. After further searching, the cam timing was a tooth off.....
:roll: Yep. And afterwards it was quite simple why! It's not good trying to resolve issue's while there are still some! They could be related!

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

RoadXY wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:Last saturday I had the similar thing. I tried everything in the software trying to solve the problem why the car didnt make any real power. After further searching, the cam timing was a tooth off.....
:roll: Yep. And afterwards it was quite simple why! It's not good trying to resolve issue's while there are still some! They could be related!
thanks everyone i will fix the oil smoking out the turbo and report back

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

when i decelerate i get a rich reading. thats reallyyyy weird. rev it goes lean 19.9 release pedal, 13.3ish

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

what kind of wideband do you have? AEM? Then your sensor is kind of dead....
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands