PRO version multiple cars

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

PRO version multiple cars

Post by calvin »

Guys/Users, Since a short while we are shutting down people who are not keeping to single car license agreement. -PRO version: paired to ostrich 1 car only -PRO version: ostrich remains in car -PRO version: Taking action to get a binary from eCtune Pro Software/Moates Ostrich/Ecu. -PRO version: Using ectune on multiple cars -PRO version: Posting information regarding hacking ectune or defeating copy protection. If we detected any of the above behavior your license will be disabled without a question.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Huh, your supposed to have it paired to one ostrich and to one car?

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

when i first read the title i thought this was a special easter offer hehehe...
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

RoadXY wrote:Huh, your supposed to have it paired to one ostrich and to one car?
Yes. How would you pair it to more then one ostrich without having your license renewed with the new ostrich serial in it?

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

I meant thats what I know but got an wrong idear from the first post.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Good to see that this is getting cracked down on, I would hate to see this turn into another crome or DSM link.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Calvin I've a doubt So let's say that I decide to sell my ek4 (without ectune ecu/rom/ostrich included in the deal) and buy a dc2, you mean that I'll have to buy another PRO license? Can't I just swap the \"ectuned\" ecu from one car to another?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

If you do that and you dont want to take any risk, just use the old tune without beginning all over again with a new rom. Calvin can see the amount of new made bins. If that constantly changes and also the base tune is every time for a different type of engine, he knows enough.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

relic1

Post by relic1 »

Gaskleppie wrote:Calvin can see the amount of new made bins. If that constantly changes and also the base tune is every time for a different type of engine, he knows enough.
as long as tuning isn't done on that cal, or it's never uploaded I'm ok with that... I'm constantly creating various different cals to help with people on this board when they have problems, or to check my own sanity when I'm working with my car. Also, "-PRO version: ostrich remains in car" I think I understand what you mean by this but it leaves some questions in my mind. So to be sure I'm ok... mine doesn't remain in the car, I only have one and I use it to tune other people's cars occasionally... with UD or Crome, not with eCtune. As a result if I'm in the middle of tuning a car and have to drive my car for what ever reason(parts run mainly) a chip makes its way into the ECU. (from Crome) Plus I run an autoX class that requires a stock ECU (which is OBD2) so my ostrich gets almost as many miles as the car does. But it's never used in a way that should violate eCtune's TOS agreement.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

agreed on all accounts, but I believe he is looking for signs of excessiveness... I myself open up new roms now and then to look at ignition tables and defaults.... I believe he means ostrich in one vehicle only when licensed for eCtune... but... for those doing tuning with the same ostrich using CROME, then I can see the dilemma. I think this is to keep people from switching from car to car (when multiple cars owned) and other anti-EULA type activities. I myself was astonished people were selling ROMS on ebay..... I emailed him the minute I saw the link. But, I have a good idea why it has ended up at this point..... and I support him to the best I can. The main link to pyracy on his software is the person with a license on their laptop... so monitoring this is totally acceptable in my opinion.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Gaskleppie wrote:If you do that and you dont want to take any risk, just use the old tune without beginning all over again with a new rom. Calvin can see the amount of new made bins. If that constantly changes and also the base tune is every time for a different type of engine, he knows enough.
Can you explain me this in detail? How can Calvin see that I started a new rom without beeing connected to the internet? If eCtune is posting back this kind of information (once I'm back online) I'm having my doubt's about this beeing legal. At least in some countries/states it isn't legal to post back userinfo, without warning them on forehand. Or did I get you wrong Frank? If not.... my firewall will be tightened this minute :!:

DMTune

Post by DMTune »

i run ectune on my race car but i also im a tuner here in my hometown so i switch from crome and ectune all the time with the same ostrich.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Orthello wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:If you do that and you dont want to take any risk, just use the old tune without beginning all over again with a new rom. Calvin can see the amount of new made bins. If that constantly changes and also the base tune is every time for a different type of engine, he knows enough.
Can you explain me this in detail? How can Calvin see that I started a new rom without beeing connected to the internet? If eCtune is posting back this kind of information (once I'm back online) I'm having my doubt's about this beeing legal. At least in some countries/states it isn't legal to post back userinfo, without warning them on forehand. Or did I get you wrong Frank? If not.... my firewall will be tightened this minute :!:
did you read your liscense agreement ??
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

relic1

Post by relic1 »

Orthello wrote:If not.... my firewall will be tightened this minute :!:
no offense but this makes you sound guilty as hell. :? and mainly...
Bugermass wrote:did you read your license agreement ??
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

I really like eCtune, it's my tuning solution of choice and have recommended it to several people in several foruns but all this issues and doubts with licensing is really a weak point. I know and understand the concerns of Calvin but this all would make more sense if it was \"1 license per ecu\" instead of \"1 license per car\", our major competitor is working with \"per ecu system\" and don't hear them complain. Now you can say that we don't are like competitors that we are better (and we are) and for that reason we need a different and tight licensing system, I agree with that but things how they are right now are a mess (i'm just talking about license agreement/text, i've nothing against eCtune being tied to machine id and ostrich/demon) just my 0.02