PRO version multiple cars

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Orthello
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Orthello »

relic1 wrote:
Orthello wrote:If not.... my firewall will be tightened this minute :!:
no offense but this makes you sound guilty as hell. :? and mainly...
Bugermass wrote:did you read your license agreement ??
It makes me sound emotional. Normaly I would ban (or block) software that sends data from my pc to a server without me knowing it. I'm using wireshark a lot, when playing with new software. The only thing I saw from eCtune was a license and a version check done via SOAP. That's why I was so surprised that Calvin was able to see when you create a new rom and what ECU en MAP is used. That's all. You may think I'm guilty.... then ask Calvin when I did what with eCtune ;)

BlindFashion

Post by BlindFashion »

Calvin is on top of his game. Push it and you will see :-P

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

so can some one answer this for me strait forward i have my turbo hatch being and im working on an ls-v both cars are mine can i switch my ostrich between my 2 cars i cant afford 2 ostrich's or 2 pro license? I also have to switch back to crome time to time to ajust offset on freinds cars.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

technically, by the EULA, it is a _one car_ license. If you switch out your motor... that is one thing. if your using it on 2 cars, your crossing lines. This is what I in terpret the EULA to mean. If your worried, it doesn't hurt to ask Calvin. Tis what I do when I am unsure!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

lilpooh21186 wrote:so can some one answer this for me strait forward i have my turbo hatch being and im working on an ls-v both cars are mine can i switch my ostrich between my 2 cars i cant afford 2 ostrich's or 2 pro license? I also have to switch back to crome time to time to ajust offset on freinds cars.
friends cars you can have a problem.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

calvin wrote:
lilpooh21186 wrote:so can some one answer this for me strait forward i have my turbo hatch being and im working on an ls-v both cars are mine can i switch my ostrich between my 2 cars i cant afford 2 ostrich's or 2 pro license? I also have to switch back to crome time to time to ajust offset on freinds cars.
friends cars you can have a problem.
He is using Crome for friends cars. Why would that give a problem?

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

^^^^???? what kind of problem im not using ectune on there cars.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

lilpooh21186 wrote:^^^^???? what kind of problem im not using ectune on there cars.
I think Calvin misread this.....
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

lilpooh21186

Post by lilpooh21186 »

i hope so this is a Great program with a very respectible owner and user base.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Gaskleppie wrote:
lilpooh21186 wrote:^^^^???? what kind of problem im not using ectune on there cars.
I think Calvin misread this.....
x2, other software on another car... no issue. eCtune on another car (besides your own) is an issue. I know this, because a month ago, I asked him about using it on another car. My story aside, I wouldn't push it at all; no reason to potentially loose the use of the software!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ameso

software support

Post by ameso »

the reason calvin remind everebody this is a pro version just for1 car no for 2many if you a tuner buy tuner version or fine somebody got tuner version and let know you want get ship for him and give some $ and you jump the river whit out problem

sohcd16y8

Re: software support

Post by sohcd16y8 »

ameso wrote:the reason calvin remind everebody this is a pro version just for1 car no for 2many if you a tuner buy tuner version or fine somebody got tuner version and let know you want get ship for him and give some $ and you jump the river whit out problem
I dont know what just happened.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

x2

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Ouch, my brain.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

LOL So if i sell my integra with a eCtune ecu, and i buy another integra and start fresh a license will be shut down? 1) thats garbage 2) thats pretty stupid 3) completely unfair specially if i own the vech's What happens if someone owns multiple vech's and wants to tune them they bought one license for 1 car?? what if they own 3 and wanna tune all three people gotta buy indiviual licenses? Thats alittle downy..if u ask me. Again eCtune, and crome and all these other programs were designed to undermind this whole pay 600 dollars for tuning software and all these neat little things craig supplies RTP boards and ostriches at HALF The cost of a hondata board..and he designs and makes every thing that goes out by hand.. i know i've been to his house..lol I would THINK programmers would want to follow this leadership example and not charge a arm, leg and foot for something like this..