PRO version multiple cars

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by calvin »

fast2camciv wrote:no response? what can i, and cant i do with a license? if i have to pay for another license on my upcoming build, im probably going to go with another software...an answer would be nice.
ostrich type license is personal. If you sell it you will have to buy demon bundle again. simple. other wise there are 2 ostrich and only 1 license is paid for.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Demon bundle? Now I'm a little confused.:? Calvin, regarding the upgrade from an ostrich to a demon, what steps do we need to take to make the transition?

fast2camciv

Post by fast2camciv »

calvin wrote:
fast2camciv wrote:no response? what can i, and cant i do with a license? if i have to pay for another license on my upcoming build, im probably going to go with another software...an answer would be nice.
ostrich type license is personal. If you sell it you will have to buy demon bundle again. simple. other wise there are 2 ostrich and only 1 license is paid for.
so, the guy that bought my car CANT have my ectune license (even though he has my ostrich and ecu) because you told me i couldnt swap laptops......and i cant sell him a NON RUNNING car (because i cant keep the ostrich, and you wont swap ostrich licenses) so in other words its a 1 time deal.....i get screwed out of my ectune license when selling the car....or the buyer gets screwed out of a well running car because i have to go back to CROME and make a map for him to take the car on (and makes me look like a bad seller when he blows up the car on the POS CROME map) the organization, managment of the licenses is pretty piss poor if you ask me. all of the forced updates, licensing hoops, and all the stuff i mentioned above have really turned me away...every car i tune, the user does nothing but complain about this stuff. pretty rediculous...its like CROME all over again. good thing there is a Neptune dealer in my area. :roll:
94 Integra GSR Sedan 11.1 @ 130 490WHP Tunerzine.com Feature HERE! 93 Honda Civic Sedan -Sold- 11.43 @ 127 405whp, SOHC, Vitaras, 57 trim.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

fast2camciv wrote:
calvin wrote:
so, the guy that bought my car CANT have my ectune license (even though he has my ostrich and ecu) because you told me i couldnt swap laptops......and i cant sell him a NON RUNNING car (because i cant keep the ostrich, and you wont swap ostrich licenses) so in other words its a 1 time deal.....i get screwed out of my ectune license when selling the car....or the buyer gets screwed out of a well running car because i have to go back to CROME and make a map for him to take the car on (and makes me look like a bad seller when he blows up the car on the POS CROME map) the organization, managment of the licenses is pretty piss poor if you ask me. all of the forced updates, licensing hoops, and all the stuff i mentioned above have really turned me away...every car i tune, the user does nothing but complain about this stuff. pretty rediculous...its like CROME all over again. good thing there is a Neptune dealer in my area. :roll:
I would say go a head. You don't understand the point at all. Yes you can sell him your license. I'll disable your laptop and put the license on his. And then what? You want to buy a other ostrich/hulog and have ectune again. You will have to buy a software license again. It's about a software license. Lucky with demon the problem is gone. So it's your choice. The force update is required to block pc so people can not cheat the system and use a pro on multiple laptops. It's about trust and as it appear people do cheat. If i found out there license is block for ever.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

fast2camciv

Post by fast2camciv »

lol oh so its different now? cause i have the pm where you told me absolutely no i could not sell my license, and you would not put it on another laptop...i even have the pm asking for an explanation why....and no response back. its weird how none of the other software retailers have these headaches, but all use the same devices. at the end of the day its a huge hassle for me and my customers. one of my customers it took a MONTH for him to get his license, and all i hear is complaints....dont get me wrong, the software is kickass...but everything outside of the actual software is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. i refuse to give my money to hondata, and im very discouraged dealing with the same hassles over and over agin with ectune. im sure my local neptune dealer will be happy to have my business, and all the cars i tune as well.
94 Integra GSR Sedan 11.1 @ 130 490WHP Tunerzine.com Feature HERE! 93 Honda Civic Sedan -Sold- 11.43 @ 127 405whp, SOHC, Vitaras, 57 trim.

calvin

Post by calvin »

fast2camciv wrote:lol oh so its different now? cause i have the pm where you told me absolutely no i could not sell my license, and you would not put it on another laptop...i even have the pm asking for an explanation why....and no response back. its weird how none of the other software retailers have these headaches, but all use the same devices. at the end of the day its a huge hassle for me and my customers. one of my customers it took a MONTH for him to get his license, and all i hear is complaints....dont get me wrong, the software is kickass...but everything outside of the actual software is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. i refuse to give my money to hondata, and im very discouraged dealing with the same hassles over and over agin with ectune. im sure my local neptune dealer will be happy to have my business, and all the cars i tune as well.
still you don't understand. And you are just bad mouthing that somebody waited a month. YOU BUY 1 LICENSE + OSTRICH + HULOG. SELL THE CAR + OSTRICH + HULOG + ECTUNE. FINE i say it's personal. transfer your license to his laptop means you don't have eCtune anymore. done. Even if you buy a new ostrich and hulog you don't have ectune. So your stick with crome.

heho

Post by heho »

i am new into Ectune now i am using my mom laptop to tune my car but i will get back my laptop very soon so what should i do when i get my laptop? and i am running about three map on my car is that will be a problem cause i will open a new map all the time but is always be the same car same engine

FelonyRacing

Post by FelonyRacing »

fast2camciv wrote:lol oh so its different now? cause i have the pm where you told me absolutely no i could not sell my license, and you would not put it on another laptop...i even have the pm asking for an explanation why....and no response back. its weird how none of the other software retailers have these headaches, but all use the same devices. at the end of the day its a huge hassle for me and my customers. one of my customers it took a MONTH for him to get his license, and all i hear is complaints....dont get me wrong, the software is kickass...but everything outside of the actual software is like getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. i refuse to give my money to hondata, and im very discouraged dealing with the same hassles over and over agin with ectune. im sure my local neptune dealer will be happy to have my business, and all the cars i tune as well.
Why don't you make life easier for yourself and calvin. This is a easy solution. Make the person by a copy of eCtune. Then give him the cal keep your license & hardware and make him use his own license & hardware. Just give him the CAL file. Calvin. Would this still be a violation of the user agreement?
Felony Racing LLC / ARSoft Solutions

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I don't think that's the issue.... Wasn't from the start: as .cal sharing is allowed by default. Calvin is trying to put it in such simple terms it can't be misunderstood... Don't take my word as law here but here's what I'd do if I thought about selling my ostrich+license: Notify Calvin by email that you wish to transfer ownership of your license with someone. Provide him their name and email, and whatever information he requires as well. Make sure you do not run out of 'new computer' licenses[new pc's] before you do it, I think his original stance on the matter sticks to this day (again, assuming... I believe it was 3 licenses[new pc's] total), or else you may have to sell the laptop with the car package. You can not however sell just the ostrich and 'replace it' leaving the new owner with an 'un paid for tune' on a seperate license, never to be deactivated by ectune.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

bruno s.

Post by bruno s. »

This is all I need to know. I have a Demon and ECTUNE. I want to be able to use my laptop with it, however I've been using Tony at DYNAMOTORSPORTS to tune my ECTUNE for over a year now. Does he have to use my laptop or can he use his and back and fourth between mine? He obviously used to burn chips for me but I'm really confused now.

calvin

Post by calvin »

with demon you can use it on any pc anytime no license required

honda69

Post by honda69 »

hi, i have ectune for my dealy car but i have 2 other civic for engine test and drag. how can i use ectune on my other cars? only tuner version is able to do this?(i'm not an official tuner) one license by engine?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

honda69 wrote:hi, i have ectune for my dealy car but i have 2 other civic for engine test and drag. how can i use ectune on my other cars? only tuner version is able to do this?(i'm not an official tuner) one license by engine?
Each car needs its own emulator (demon/ostrich) and ectune license.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

honda69

Post by honda69 »

JaredKaragen wrote: Each car needs its own emulator (demon/ostrich) and ectune license.
ok but there is no problem to use all on only 1 laptop?

David974

Post by David974 »

Yes you can, you just have to switch from liciences when switch from ostrich or demon