Input B9

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

confUsed
http://phpbb3styles.net

Input B9

Post by confUsed »

I tried wire in a switch for fts today. I found that there was a switch on the clutch from the factory, which was wired into B7 for some reason. I have already cut that wire and used it for ebc control, so I just wired the switch in to b9. When the clutch is pressed down, b9 is now grounded. When lift my foot from the pedal, its not grounded. But I cant get any reaction in ectune when I look at the sensor data. Are there any bugs that I'm not aware of?

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

So I have been searching through the manuals, and found that B9 needs to be wired to +12V to get signal, is that right? What about B8, ground or +12V (couldnt find it)?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

B9 is the brake switch input, right? That one has to get 12v to be activated.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Anyone want to volunteer to update the wiki with this information? A good place would be under http://wiki.ectune.com/index.php/GPO
eCtune Team

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

I tried to figure this out today, but I havent found the solution. Working under the dashboard gets frustrating in the long run, so I figure I should continue this thread. Help is much appreciated! B9 is the starter signal. When I wire it to +12V, I get signal, but the fuel pump turns on (and stays on), so obviously I cant use that. B8 is the power steering pressure switch. I checked the wiring diagram, and I even followed the wire out to the switch, and found that it needs to be grounded to get signal. Problem is I get NO reaction when I wire the input directly to ground. B5 and B7 are in use, and works flawlessly (switched to ground) D2 is brake switch, but I need that one for my brake lights, and I guess I need D6 (vtec switch) too. So that leaves me with either B8 or B9, but I cant get any of them to work. Anyone used them succesfully before?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

mm, B9 is the starter signal? Never used that one. But you dont need the brake switch to activate the brake lights. Its just a signal to the ecu. It can work perfectly without that one. So if you cut the D2 wire from the loom and connect you fts wire your good to go. Dont forget to isolate the old D2 wire. That one gives 12 volt when baking ;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Gaskleppie wrote:mm, B9 is the starter signal? Never used that one.
Its connected by default. The ECU uses it already to know when youre priming the engine...

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

Gaskleppie wrote:mm, B9 is the starter signal? Never used that one. But you dont need the brake switch to activate the brake lights. Its just a signal to the ecu. It can work perfectly without that one. So if you cut the D2 wire from the loom and connect you fts wire your good to go. Dont forget to isolate the old D2 wire. That one gives 12 volt when baking ;)
ITs working now! I used the brake input d2 like you said and wired it to the switch (switch is fed with 12V). I have both brake lights and fts switch now! Thanks a lot :)

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I was playing with B8 today. With datalogging connected, and either KOEO or engine running, I brought up the Data window. The label PSP has no tick mark when B8 is floating and a tick mark when it's grounded. It works in my case. However, for my purpose the signal source was a float or +12V, and pin B8 won't be able to differentiate the two. I had to make a simple circuit to reverse the output. It requires a 9014 NPN Transistor and a 5.6K ohm 1/4W resistor wired as follows: Image Connections are self explanatory. It works as follows: Input is on the left side and can have 3 states. Output is at B8. Input/Output Ground/Float Float/Float +12V/Ground This simple circuit can be adapted to other pins that require a ground to activate.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

and here I would have just used a relay ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

Using a relay was the first thing that came to mind, but for such a small amount of current it just didn't make sense to me. Solid state is hopefully more reliable. There's more that 1 way to skin a cat. :D

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

2bfi wrote:I was playing with B8 today. With datalogging connected, and either KOEO or engine running, I brought up the Data window. The label PSP has no tick mark when B8 is floating and a tick mark when it's grounded. It works in my case.
I searched at pgmfi for info, and found others with the same problem as me, the B8 input is just dead. IDK, maybe some ecu's just dont have the hardware for it or something is different? I'm 100% sure that I got no reaction (no tick mark) when I grounded mine, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones :p Its an edm p28, btw.

calvin

Post by calvin »

for b9 use i'll check the code now. It's possible to pump the fuelpump to always on and then use b9 starter signal. if my code it working correctly. If you select starter input the mem value is put to on. causing the fuel pump on constantly. and you can use the input for something else. I have a bench tester so i can test this later. on the list.. Now with the bench tester a lot of these can be fixed quickly! :P
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

can somebody put this on wiki? It would be great if all the user help with wiki.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

Unfortunately, if the car the ecu came from doesn't have a power steering pressure switch, chances are B8 won't work.
Last edited by 2bfi on Fri May 08, 2009 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.