Question about .cal

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

Question about .cal

Post by Almighty-Si »

I have a friend who had his car tuned by an authorized dealer and now he went ahead and bought the Pro version of the software. So my question is, I know that you can download the rom from the ECU with the datalogger version but will he be able to download it with the Pro version and then be able to store it on his Ostrich?

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

The tuner that originally tuned it should be able to provide him with his calibration file.
eCtune Team

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Datalogger can download your cal/rom from the ECU. I'm assuming the pro version does also?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Crap that was what I was afraid of...i'm going down to NC tomorrow and he wanted me to make a couple of adjustments. Don't really want to start from scratch.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I'm assuming the pro version does also?
uhhhh, no. I would not know how..... You can read the chip but then you have the complete rom. Pro versions can not load complete rom files (I thought) so you still need to contact your old tuner if he wants to sent you the .cal
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

calvin

Post by calvin »

or one of the tuner to convert bin to cal
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

or... install another directory of ectune and do not register it. use the logger version; presto, it will download .cal for you. you can thank me later. Side note: Calvin: Does eCtune store the .cal in memory or a directory? is there an option to save it yourself? or is that a security feature?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

It's the dt.cal file in the settings directory of eCtune.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Thought I could atleast open both and and just copy whats on the ROM and make the .cal myself. I will try it and if it doesn't work I will just have him contact his old tuner.