VTEC/FUEL CUT BUG

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

VTEC/FUEL CUT BUG

Post by Bugermass »

Theres a bug in the vtec routine that I think is whats affecting peoples fuel cut settings. Basically the TPS threshold for VTEC doesn't seem to actually work to disenguage vtec, so what happens is if you decel above VTEC, it will stay on and you'll have a difference load while deceling causing fuelcut to go on and off. A quick fix for this problem until calvin gets the bug fixed is to increase vtec MIN LOAD from the default of 98 to like 300 or so.. This will cause vtec to turn off while deceling like TPS SHOULD be .. Actually I've been playing with it the last few days and have found a crap load of bugs.. I'm suggesting to calvin to go back one release for everyone until these things are worked out, cause older release has less problems.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

that's only on rom 64?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

No 63/64. I think even the older versions had this as well.

calvin

Post by calvin »

soo we want to deactivated vtec based on mbar and tps and rpm? remember that stock only rpm is important.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yeah, it should be, theres no reason to be in VTEC at 25% throttle. The TPS threshold should work both to activate and de activate. Then there will be no issues any longer witih decel fuel cut being out of load range at higher RPMs..

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Bugermass wrote:theres no reason to be in VTEC at 25% throttle.
I hope I didn't miss understood what Bugermass was trying to say, but mechanically there is a reason, at higher engine speeds (7000+) if vtec it's not engaged the LMA by it self will not respond quickly enough to mantain the middle rocker arm in touch with the cam. This leads to a rattle noise from head and also shouldn't be very healthy for the rocker arms and cams. Make all the necessary changes to the routine but i'm just trying to assure that this new routine will not disable vtec at high rpm

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

hmmm.. i see what your saying, I've never really had an issue with the mechanical side of it, but it makes since how it could cause an issue.. I'll half to get some other peoples insight on this..

calvin

Post by calvin »

i think the rpm is most important. Maybe we need a mbar fuelcut vs rpm. Higher rpm less vacumn higher fuelcut.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

or just a fuel cut mabr value thats only active above vtec.. that will probably do the trick

calvin

Post by calvin »

working on it boss. See i email i send. could it be related to that?

qa2643316

Re:

Post by qa2643316 »

civic4g wrote:
Sun May 10, 2009 5:00 pm
that's only on rom 64?
https://ativadors.com/serato-dj-pro-crackeado/