12.9 to 13.5 at light load vacuum, first 4 columns ok???

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

tandrew21
http://phpbb3styles.net

12.9 to 13.5 at light load vacuum, first 4 columns ok???

Post by tandrew21 »

i get about 12.9 to 13.5 afrs at light load high way cruising, I know this is a little rich, but is it ok? Just dumping a little more gas.... right.. i know 14.5 is what i should be shooting for but i figure it would be fine, just gas mileage will suck.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

yeah its ok.. any richer than that and you may start washing your bores out.. but for full out performance I usually tune part thtorttle mid to low 13s depending on what the motor likes.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

very light throttle you can go a bit leaner. Drive on the highway in 5th gear and x mph(cruising), see where you are on the map and just that leaner to use less fuel.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

Why you need it so rich? Is it for cooling or ?

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

I have mine at 16.2 :D

calvin

Post by calvin »

DSMR wrote:I have mine at 16.2 :D
safe some fuel!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

what kinda of motor are you running to where you need to run it so rich cruising?

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

it will run fine but i would consider that poorly tuned. if you have the hardware and software to tune it yourself you should tune it so that you are not killing the people behind you while cruising around. it's a waste of fuel.